Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLI Question

tag
kbrann72
New Visitor

NFCU CLI Question

I was approved for my cash rewards Visa in April of 2013 with a limit of $20K, received an increase to $25K after 3 months with a SP. My question is should i try for another increase on the card or apply for a different card like the Flagship?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
leegreen
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU CLI Question

I like having both the cashRewards and nRewards cards. Also it is a guaranteed HP when you attempt a CL greater than 25000. The flagship is only worth it if you will use the rewards for airfare and will spend more than 10000 a year on it, otherwise use your cashRewards. I find the member mall bonuses better through my nRewards so I use it online and use the cash in person.
06/26/2014 - Gardening until 7/1/15
NFCU NavCheck 15k, cashRewards VS 14k, nRewards 14k
Amex BCE 15k, CapOne Quicksilver MC 3k, USAA Platinum MC 2k, Discover It 1k
Jared 5.1K, Zales 5k, Lowe's 15k, Home Depot 5k
Message 2 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@leegreen wrote:
I like having both the cashRewards and nRewards cards. Also it is a guaranteed HP when you attempt a CL greater than 25000. The flagship is only worth it if you will use the rewards for airfare and will spend more than 10000 a year on it, otherwise use your cashRewards. I find the member mall bonuses better through my nRewards so I use it online and use the cash in person.

+1

The advantage to apply for a 2nd card is until you hit $25k you could potentially ask for CLI again that "may" be SP otherwise I would just hit the CLI on your current card and go for the full $50k... it will be manual review and if they don't have paychecks on file I would bet they will want 2 most recent... if you do the request and add the paystubs in the secure message you are 1 up and they seem to really like the "show before being asked" and will counter back in usually just a couple hours.

Message 3 of 5
kbrann72
New Visitor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@leegreen wrote:

+1

The advantage to apply for a 2nd card is until you hit $25k you could potentially ask for CLI again that "may" be SP otherwise I would just hit the CLI on your current card and go for the full $50k... it will be manual review and if they don't have paychecks on file I would bet they will want 2 most recent... if you do the request and add the paystubs in the secure message you are 1 up and they seem to really like the "show before being asked" and will counter back in usually just a couple hours.

Thanks for the advice. I will send in my paystubs and go for the $50K and see what happens.

Message 4 of 5
leegreen
Frequent Contributor

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
06/26/2014 - Gardening until 7/1/15
NFCU NavCheck 15k, cashRewards VS 14k, nRewards 14k
Amex BCE 15k, CapOne Quicksilver MC 3k, USAA Platinum MC 2k, Discover It 1k
Jared 5.1K, Zales 5k, Lowe's 15k, Home Depot 5k
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.