Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLI after denial letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU CLI after denial letter

Hey guys/gals,

I don't post much but I read through these forums often and would like to share my recent success with NFCU. I have an nrewards card with them and decided I would go for a CLI to help my credit limit to balance ratio. 

They intial denied me due to my credit score (about 650) and and a high balance on the card which was sitting at about $7k with an $8.5k limit. So I sent them an online message explaing to them why I was asking for the increase and added that I haven't used the card for about 5 months while I pay it down (which is true). Well someone listened because I went into my account today and noticed my limit increased to $10K! Couldn't be happier with them. Was also recently approved for an auto loan with them @ 3.7 apr for 72 months (new car).

I don't know if they'll do this for everyone; my relationship with them goes back about 7 years with about 19 paid off accounts (2 cars, 3 motorcycles, numerous non secured loans) but just thought I would share.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU CLI after denial letter

Darn, should have tried that the first time I asked for a CLI and was denied!  Tried again a couple months later shortly after my 1 yr anniversary and it got approved.

Congrats on the recon!  They do a hard pull for your $1500 increase?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Sadly yes it was a hard pull. I wish they could've used the same pull for the CLI as for my auto loan since they were only a few days apart but NFCU is extremly pull happy in my experience.

Message 3 of 6
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Yeah I think they could take a lesson from Penfed and at LEAST use the same report on the same day if you apply for more than 1 product.  They like pulling EQ to death for me.  From here on out I'm going to see if I can get any auto-CLIs out of them so save on INQs.

Message 4 of 6
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the cli Smiley Happy Nfcu has been super good to me and joey Smiley Happy We got his platinum mc in the mail today.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.