Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLI over 25k

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

NFCU CLI over 25k

Those of you who have the NFCU cards, have requested cli of 25k or greater? If so what is your experience with the approval?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
konabill
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU CLI over 25k

No responses to this yet?..............  I will throw in my little $15k approval. I joined NFCU ( about 2 weeks ago ) and then appd for their Visa. It resulted in a second  TU  pull ( NFCU/Visa )  I did not request $15k ......that was the amount Navy arrived at. I have USAA @ 18k and Penfed recently followed with $20K.  Navy has been fairly easy to deal with but they blew-up my mailbox with too much nonvital information.  Good luck with your goal of $25k

TU 802 EQ 806
*USAA*PENFED*NFCU*AMEX*DISCOVER*CiTi*WALMART*BESTBUY*
Message 2 of 7
score_building
Senior Contributor

Placed an online request, NFCU pulled hard TU and responded with a wait and see message.

A few days later CL increased by a portion of my request.

Received a letter confirming NFCU increased CL for the amount currently eligible.

you may receive the requested amount, part of it, or be denied an increase, it depends on a variety of factors under consideration...including but not limited to overall credit profile. 

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 7
TryN2Rebuild
Regular Contributor

I want to join NFCU but have never been in the service or work for the DOD. Is there any other way to join?

Thanks

Message 4 of 7
score_building
Senior Contributor

@ewingerter wrote:

I want to join NFCU but have never been in the service or work for the DOD. Is there any other way to join?

Thanks

Through immediate family in the armed forces.

Message 5 of 7
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

Those of you who have the NFCU cards, have requested cli of 25k or greater? If so what is your experience with the approval?

concord- CLI of >25k? I misread the question as CL of 25k or greater.  Did you place a request for a 25k+ limit increase...what were the results?

Message 6 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@score_building wrote:
concord- CLI of >25k? I misread the question as CL of 25k or greater.  Did you place a request for a 25k+ limit increase...what were the results?

I have 3 cards with 25k cl each and wanted to see if I can get higher limits beyond the 25k I have now. I asked cli of 5k from 25k - 30k and it is approved with in 24 hours with no further questions. That is all I wanted to know when we exceed the 25k limit if they would be doing some thing special before they approve it. Looks to me it is standard approvals  as usual despite what limit you are at and to what new limit we are trying to get.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.