Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLI

tag
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

NFCU CLI

4th statement just cut and I am getting ready to hit the love button on my goRewards card. Current line is $5,000. It's been said that one should go for the full $25,000 and see what they counter with. Is this really the best strategy? If I can get away with a SP and only an increase to $10K or $15K... I would be very content. I would obviously be more content with an even higher line, but is my risk of a HP greater by going for the full $25K? 

Current Score: EX: 718, EQ: 715, TU: 720
Goal Score: EX: 750, EQ: 750, TU: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
leegreen
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU CLI

Go for 25, if you are eligible for a sp CLI they will counter your current internal max. If it is a HP you might as well go for the gold. The other way you could put in 10k and have that be your max and not know it then go back and ask for more and end up with an hp that you didn't need.
06/26/2014 - Gardening until 7/1/15
NFCU NavCheck 15k, cashRewards VS 14k, nRewards 14k
Amex BCE 15k, CapOne Quicksilver MC 3k, USAA Platinum MC 2k, Discover It 1k
Jared 5.1K, Zales 5k, Lowe's 15k, Home Depot 5k
Message 2 of 4
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

Do they warn you before a HP vs SP if they don't counter, or does it HP automatically?

After reading some of the advice here (which ranged from just before your 3rd statement cutting to just after) - I tried the CLI button the other day and got an odd message.  It said there was a condition on my accout which prevented me from submitting the request.  So I called them, and they said it was just that they wanted to see more history on the account, but they could submit it to underwriting manually.  (I told them no thanks, I'd just wait a bit longer)

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 3 of 4
leegreen
Frequent Contributor

No warning, I know it sucks. When you submit you will ok a HP, if it comes back instant it was a sp, if you get the 7-10 it will be a hp with manual review. That can take between 10 minutes and a business hour. The "condition" is normally an error, if you clear cookies and log back in it normally takes.
06/26/2014 - Gardening until 7/1/15
NFCU NavCheck 15k, cashRewards VS 14k, nRewards 14k
Amex BCE 15k, CapOne Quicksilver MC 3k, USAA Platinum MC 2k, Discover It 1k
Jared 5.1K, Zales 5k, Lowe's 15k, Home Depot 5k
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.