Re: NFCU CLI

They always pull EQ, Mo.

BungalowMo wrote:
Who did they pull??

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been an NFCU member since I was a baby ;-)  About 3 years ago I got a ".25% loan discount" coupon for my 25th anniversary of membership.  Bought a car with it.  NFCU couldn't give me "instant" credit even with my 796 score :-)  But that could because I have stopped soft inquiries, and I actually never saw a hard inquiry on my report.  I was trying to apply for a cash rewards card over the standard platinum I have now.f

BTW... who needs $50k in available credit??

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been an NFCU member since I was a baby ;-)  About 3 years ago I got a ".25% loan discount" coupon for my 25th anniversary of membership.  Bought a car with it.  NFCU couldn't give me "instant" credit even with my 796 score :-)  But that could because I have stopped soft inquiries, and I actually never saw a hard inquiry on my report.  I was trying to apply for a cash rewards card over the standard platinum I have now.f

Me!  Smiley Wink

It's like owning a Corvette with 500 hp.  You might not actually use its full potential, but it sure is fun to have and drive!

Message 13 of 24
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

txjohn wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Me!  Smiley Wink

It's like owning a Corvette with 500 hp.  You might not actually use its full potential, but it sure is fun to have and drive! 

And sometimes you need that power in the passing lane. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 24
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How do you stop soft inquiries?  I thought that if you have a business relationship with a lender they could pull an AR anytime, even if your CR is locked.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Itsmeagain wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How do you stop soft inquiries?  I thought that if you have a business relationship with a lender they could pull an AR anytime, even if your CR is locked.

They can pull.  You can't stop it.  Opting out only prevents you from receiving offers of credit under PROMO pulls.

Plus, soft pulls don't affect your credit profile, score or abililty to get credit.  So it is sort of an endeavor of little return.

Message 16 of 24
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

+1

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Message 17 of 24
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They always pull EQ, Mo.

@BungalowMo wrote:
Who did they pull??

DOH...ok....so I had a brain fart moment!!   Smiley Very Happy

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 18 of 24
LynnBushea
New Contributor

Well I am not in the big leagues with you all yet. I was scared to apply for a credit card. I have the NRewards Secred Visa from NFCU. Maybe when my scores are stronger I can get a unsecured card.

Starting Score: 478
Current Score: 650
Goal Score: 750+

Message 19 of 24
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

LynnBushea wrote:

Well I am not in the big leagues with you all yet. I was scared to apply for a credit card. I have the NRewards Secred Visa from NFCU. Maybe when my scores are stronger I can get a unsecured card.

Wow, from your siggy, you've done a heck of a job already --478 to 602 ain't shabby!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.