Moderator Emerita
LilMirth

Re: NFCU CLI

They always pull EQ, Mo.

BungalowMo wrote:
Who did they pull??

-------------------------------------------

Friendly, Supportive & Respectful

Understanding Your FICO Score  |  Credit Scoring 101  |  Common Abbreviations  |  FTC: FCRA Links  |  FTC: FDCPA Links  |  Opt-Out  |  State Resources

"However gradual may be the growth of confidence, that of credit requires still more time to arrive at maturity” ~ Benjamin Disraeli

Valued Member
boilerette

I have been an NFCU member since I was a baby ;-)  About 3 years ago I got a ".25% loan discount" coupon for my 25th anniversary of membership.  Bought a car with it.  NFCU couldn't give me "instant" credit even with my 796 score :-)  But that could because I have stopped soft inquiries, and I actually never saw a hard inquiry on my report.  I was trying to apply for a cash rewards card over the standard platinum I have now.f

BTW... who needs $50k in available credit??

Senior Contributor
txjohn

boilerette wrote:

I have been an NFCU member since I was a baby ;-)  About 3 years ago I got a ".25% loan discount" coupon for my 25th anniversary of membership.  Bought a car with it.  NFCU couldn't give me "instant" credit even with my 796 score :-)  But that could because I have stopped soft inquiries, and I actually never saw a hard inquiry on my report.  I was trying to apply for a cash rewards card over the standard platinum I have now.f

Me!  :smileywink:

It's like owning a Corvette with 500 hp.  You might not actually use its full potential, but it sure is fun to have and drive!

Credit Scoring 101 - Tuscani   *  Guide to Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads * FICO High Achievers  *  FICO Score Estimator

09/03/2009 TU: 777, EQ: 776 ($8 balance on an account dropped me out of 780's)
03/28/2009 TU: 814, EQ: 810, EX: 781 (02/12/2009)
05/18/2005 TU: 563, EQ: 580, EX: 549
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

txjohn wrote:

boilerette wrote:

Me!  :smileywink:

It's like owning a Corvette with 500 hp.  You might not actually use its full potential, but it sure is fun to have and drive! 

And sometimes you need that power in the passing lane. :smileywink:
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Established Contributor
Itsmeagain

boilerette wrote:

How do you stop soft inquiries?  I thought that if you have a business relationship with a lender they could pull an AR anytime, even if your CR is locked.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
txjohn

Itsmeagain wrote:

boilerette wrote:

How do you stop soft inquiries?  I thought that if you have a business relationship with a lender they could pull an AR anytime, even if your CR is locked.

They can pull.  You can't stop it.  Opting out only prevents you from receiving offers of credit under PROMO pulls.

Plus, soft pulls don't affect your credit profile, score or abililty to get credit.  So it is sort of an endeavor of little return.

Credit Scoring 101 - Tuscani   *  Guide to Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads * FICO High Achievers  *  FICO Score Estimator

09/03/2009 TU: 777, EQ: 776 ($8 balance on an account dropped me out of 780's)
03/28/2009 TU: 814, EQ: 810, EX: 781 (02/12/2009)
05/18/2005 TU: 563, EQ: 580, EX: 549
Established Contributor
Itsmeagain

+1

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Senior Contributor
BungalowMo

LilMirth wrote:

They always pull EQ, Mo.

BungalowMo wrote:
Who did they pull??

DOH...ok....so I had a brain fart moment!!   :smileyvery-happy:

Starting Score: 07/2011 TU 732 - EQ 717 - EX 702
Current Score: 06/2014 TU 739 - EQ '08 709 - EX 721
Goal Score: 850

Bury me in the garden...last app 06.18.14

New Contributor
LynnBushea

Well I am not in the big leagues with you all yet. I was scared to apply for a credit card. I have the NRewards Secred Visa from NFCU. Maybe when my scores are stronger I can get a unsecured card.

Starting Score: 478
Current Score: 650
Goal Score: 750+

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

LynnBushea wrote:

Well I am not in the big leagues with you all yet. I was scared to apply for a credit card. I have the NRewards Secred Visa from NFCU. Maybe when my scores are stronger I can get a unsecured card.

Wow, from your siggy, you've done a heck of a job already --478 to 602 ain't shabby!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+