Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Cash Reward Upgrade

tag
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Cash Reward Upgrade

Just got the mailer today, and my card is being upgraded. It looks like the card is going to stay the same green card and the wording "Cash Rewards" is in a different type of font or script. That and its probably going to say "Signature" somewhere would be my guess.

Message 11 of 45
squirrely2005
Contributor

Why haven't I got my letter in the mail? Oh yeah it's probably because i just got the card a week ago. haha Smiley Tongue

But what is this all about though? Why the upgrade for some people?

Message 12 of 45
aloush11
Regular Contributor

I spoke with customer service earlier today activating my new cash rewards card that I was just approved for last week.. anyone with a 5k limit and higher will be automatically upgraded.. she said ahw could send me my new one today but I should get my new signature card in mailers next month.
Message 13 of 45
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Both DW and I have separate accounts ($5k and $25k) and we both got the same upgrade. Question: do we really want this to happen? 

Message 14 of 45
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Well, here I thought I was special! Smiley Wink I got the mailing today, too. I thought it was because I ran a small fortune through the card last month for my move. Oh, well. Still very cool to be getting the card. Smiley Happy

I've wanted a Visa signature card, but didn't want to pay the $49 AF. So, this is really nice!

This card isn't even on their website. I wonder if it's a new card they'll be offering and are starting out by upgrading some of their current cardholders.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 15 of 45
Middleswarth
Frequent Contributor

I've had mine for just over a month (my first ever payment posted today).  It is over $5k so I wonder if I will get it???

What is the advantage of the signature card?  Why is it considered an upgrade?

Message 16 of 45
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

If you go to visa.com/signature, you can find out about it. Banks and CUs besides Navy offer a verison of the Visa Signature card.

This is my first one, but according to the letter, you have personalized concierge service, savings at hotels and resorts, and VIP access to sporting events. Also, discounts on restaurants, shopping, etc. Lots of stuff on the visa.com/signature website. 

Visa Signature Shopping Benefits No Pre-Set Spending Limit* Zero Liability** Year-End Summary Statements Warranty Manager Service*** Purchase Security***

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 17 of 45
skyisthelimit
New Contributor

8k limit - 2 years with card and got the letter also, thought i was the only one!  I also have the visa signature flagship reward card.  To me it looks like they are upgrading all the 5k limit cash rewards to include the visa signature service.  Last I checked I PAID for it with my flagship rewards, need to check that!  I really want to get rid of the AF if that is the case since I am getting the same service for FREE on the other card now (though I won't cancel it if I cant get the AF off ...sigh).

Message 18 of 45
CS800
Super Contributor

@llecs wrote:

Both DW and I have separate accounts ($5k and $25k) and we both got the same upgrade. Question: do we really want this to happen? 

I was thinking the same thing. A Sig mean that it most likely wont report the CL so you could lose the total CL in the FICO calculation. I know my BOA Signature doesnt report my CL. That's one thing I wouldn't like.

Anyone knows if Navy Sig reports the CL?

Message 19 of 45
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@llecs wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. A Sig mean that it most likely wont report the CL so you could lose the total CL in the FICO calculation. I know my BOA Signature doesnt report my CL. That's one thing I wouldn't like.

Anyone knows if Navy Sig reports the CL?

Yes.  My Flagship Visa Signature reports my limit.

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.