09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: NFCU Cash Rewards Visa

Message 11 of 16
dodgeball
Established Contributor

You should have them ugrade the account to a siggy

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 12 of 16
armywifelong03
Regular Contributor

Thank you all so much!  Still haven't gotten our card, but it is finally showing on our profile.  It says Visa Signature Cash Rewards, but I dont know if it means the "siggy" or if that is just their signature card?  I have zero experience with them, so I have no clue.  I guess we will see when it arrives!  Thanks again.  I love this place.  Can't wait to celebrate the next big step which is house hunting in DFW area beginning in Sept! 

Message 13 of 16
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@armywifelong03 wrote:

@Thank you!  We are beyond thrilled.... Found out this morning that it was approved for $25,000 @ 12.9%.  Almost had a heart attack!  Just to give everyone a picture, my scores below are not accurate.  I have no clue how to updateSmiley Happy  We are both at 673-690 across the board.  We have two car loans, never late. Student loans, never late and about 5 credit/score cards, never late, although we have a pretty high utilization because of good ol Christmas.  We have had 0 inquiries on our credit int he last year and a half so applying for this was very nerve wracking for us!  But, we knew we had to take this step and it would, in the long run, help us when we buy a house next summer.  I am so thankful for the myfico boards!  We haven't had a late payment in over four years, but two years ago, our scores were still in and around 550s and this board helped us finally bring them up!

Sign in, go to 'my settings", edit what's in the signature section, and press save.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 14 of 16
dodfire
Valued Contributor

I just signed up with NFCU and got a banner on my page saying I had been pre-selected for the Cash Rewards Card. I applied right away and got a message that it would take 1 business day for approval. The following day I got another message that said my application was under review and I would be notified in 7-10 business days. Has anyone else seen this? Do you think there is a problem with the application?

Second, I have seen lots of post about where they pull from.....for me they pulled EQ and TU both.

**** UPDATE****

Just got the approval email from NFCU...got the card but with only $1000 limit. I am not really suprised considering my score. However, my score should go up withing the next couple of weeks because I am waiting on payments to post that will drop my UTL down to 9% and a collection that will drop off. So, should I call and ask for an increase when that happens or just wait the 6 months??????

20 Feb 13 UPDATE

I pulled the trigger to ask for the recon on the credit limit.......So glad I did.... Went from $1k to $10k!!!!!!!!! 

Navy Federal Response 02/20/2013 : Thank you for providing us with your most recent pay stubs. After reconsideration we have approved a credit limit of $10,000.00. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

*8/10/13
Message 15 of 16
HELENofTROY
Established Member

What were your scores when you applied?

Starting Score (4/6/2013): (All lender pulls) Exp 583, Trans 570, Eq 535
Current Scores: (2/13/14) Exp 687, Trans 640 , Equifax 599 (myfico????)
Goal Scores: 640-720

Credit: BOA Platinum Plus Visa ($2K), NFCU Cash Rewards ($6K), AMEX Everyday BLUE ($2K), Victoria's Secret ($500)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.