Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Cash rewards

tag
Cageym
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU Cash rewards

I'll find all of  that out when I call to change the mailing address. And I keep my cards low, only really use them on vacation. And if I have a good limit on the Gold I probably won't be using the Zinc much.LOL

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 51 of 60
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Well let us know the cl when you get it.  Zync is still useful no matter what cl you get.  Remember charge card npsl limits can grow fast anddon't count against utilization fico wise.   Also remember to sign up for the free packs and whatever other packs make sense for you.  Congrats again.  Got some more advice for you once I we get details on what limits are.  A lot of progress for one night.  Get to where you want to be at soon enough.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 52 of 60
Cageym
Established Contributor

Thanks alot for you advice and the kick in the back side. I think I'm going to kick back for a bit on these cards. Now I'm sure when I ask NFCU for a CLI I won't have an issue!

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Message 53 of 60
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@Cageym wrote:

Thanks alot for you advice and the kick in the back side. I think I'm going to kick back for a bit on these cards. Now I'm sure when I ask NFCU for a CLI I won't have an issue!

yeah once Amex reports and some age, you should be good.  I was just hating that you kept hitting your head against nfcu especially given how pull happy they are.  Really curious what delta cl will be.  RememberAmex only seeing cap one of 750 so curious how generous they will be.  Be good test as both Amex and nfcu saw same info.  Although wouldn't normally say amex more generous than nfcu, I have sneaky suspicion they will be in your case.  With the 61 day cli policy, they for sure will be in a couple of months or so.

Message 54 of 60
Cageym
Established Contributor

It will be interesting to see the limit. I'll call in a few hours and find out. Oh, and for those that get discouraged in the "rebuilding" part of the forum I posted this: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/It-can-be-done/td-p/1564684 so that they could see there is hope.

Message 55 of 60
Cageym
Established Contributor

@Crashem - So not quite in that high limit area LOL. The Delta Gold has a 2K balance. But with the 61 day CLI I should be able to raise that soon, right? And at least I have my foot in the door with 2 new Amex cards.

Message 56 of 60
CS800
Super Contributor

@jordanmedical wrote:

NFCU is pull happy Smiley Wink

+1

I had 4 pulls from them for a car loan, NAVChek and VISA. Although they told me that the NavChek and Visa would be one.

Message 57 of 60
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@Cageym wrote:

@Crashem - So not quite in that high limit area LOL. The Delta Gold has a 2K balance. But with the 61 day CLI I should be able to raise that soon, right? And at least I have my foot in the door with 2 new Amex cards.

yes after two statements have cut, you can request cli to 6k.  You might not get, but have good shot of getting something assuming you take care of credit keep use the card.  So Amex was more generous than nfcu.  Interesting.  Funny thing, I suspect that if you had no card with limit on credit report, you would have gotten higher.  Of course, you might not have gotten approval then.  This is the problem with limits, your existing limits give guides for other lenders to follow.

Message 58 of 60
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Congrats!

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 59 of 60
Cageym
Established Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

@Cageym wrote:

yes after two statements have cut, you can request cli to 6k.  You might not get, but have good shot of getting something assuming you take care of credit keep use the card.  So Amex was more generous than nfcu.  Interesting.  Funny thing, I suspect that if you had no card with limit on credit report, you would have gotten higher.  Of course, you might not have gotten approval then.  This is the problem with limits, your existing limits give guides for other lenders to follow.

Yep, no one wants to be the first one to give you the limit. But once someone does
 they areall more than happy to!LOL

Message 60 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.