Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CashRewards 1.5%!

tag
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU CashRewards 1.5%!

I am going to say it is for any new member/new cardholder.  I could not get the image to upload right but here is what our (my DH and my) letter said:

Dear XXX

Thank you for being a Navy Federal cashRewards member!

Now your cashRewards card just got more rewarding.  Starting July 1, when you use cashRewards for everyday purchases, the cash adds up quickly.  Whether you're using it to book that summer vacation or to buy movie tickets for the family, you'll get 1.5% cash back with every purchase, everytime.  It's as simple as that -- start earning your rewards on July 1!

This is just one of the many reasons why the best carry the best.*

Sincerely,

Randy Hopper

Vice President

Credit Cards

Disclosure at the bottom with website, phone number and visit any branch

Side ad for the cash rewards.

It also came with a brochure of sorts that give more detail about the cashRewards card and tells you to contact us to get your own cashRewards card.

SO again, it looks like it came to members that already had the card, but with the brochure and such it seems like it will be for any new cardholders/members as well. But don't quote me on that, because as others have said, I don't see any ad for it yet or anything on the site.  Although it isn't July 1 yet Smiley Very Happy

Message 21 of 49
leegreen
Frequent Contributor

I got mine in the mail from looking at the brochure it seems like they are trying to compete with the Quicksilver line and that it will be for everybody. 

And to think I just got CapOne EO to send my file for manual review for a CLI and now I probably won't use it...

06/26/2014 - Gardening until 7/1/15
NFCU NavCheck 15k, cashRewards VS 14k, nRewards 14k
Amex BCE 15k, CapOne Quicksilver MC 3k, USAA Platinum MC 2k, Discover It 1k
Jared 5.1K, Zales 5k, Lowe's 15k, Home Depot 5k
Message 22 of 49
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

Yea early next  year DH and I are going to close our QS One cards and just use the cashRewards.

Message 23 of 49
adavis425
Established Contributor

@Eyisila wrote:

I am going to say it is for any new member/new cardholder.  I could not get the image to upload right but here is what our (my DH and my) letter said:

I'm not sure about this. I've had my card over 2 years and mostly it's been SD'd and I still got the letter. I think it's probably an upgrade to the card, that over time every one will get 1.5%. Just my impression. Smiley Happy

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 24 of 49
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

I meant to say new member/cardholder along with existing card holders Smiley Very Happy

Message 25 of 49
avggoal700
Frequent Contributor

Nice to hear looks like everyone.  This will beat the discover 1%

EX 706. TU 705 EQ 682. Avg 698
Message 26 of 49
Middleswarth
Frequent Contributor

Got my letter on Friday.  Starting July 1st all gas will be on Discover, everything else on NFCU.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 27 of 49
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

I cant get NFCU. But I am hoping that other CC will follow suit. 

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 28 of 49
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

The wife and I got our letters today too

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 29 of 49
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@bigblue7722 wrote:

I cant get NFCU. But I am hoping that other CC will follow suit. 

But you already have the QS which has 1.5%?

Message 30 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.