Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CashRewards Get $100 CB Offer

tag
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

NFCU CashRewards Get $100 CB Offer

Special Offer: Get $100 cash back when you spend $1,000 within the first 90 days of opening your account.

Everyone loves extra cash in their pocket. With the cashRewards card, you'll get that because when you spend, you earn. For a limited time, you'll get $100 cash bonus after spending $1,000 within 90 days of opening your account. And with cashRewards, not only do your rewards never expire, but there is also no minimum redemption level—redeem whenever you want. Apply today!

https://www.navyfederal.org/products-services/cards/creditcards/cashrewards.php?intcmp=hp|container3...

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU CashRewards Get $100 CB Offer

Bumping because...

Is this old news?  I mean, although I did not use the search function, I did scroll down a few pages to see if this had been posted already.

I figured this post would get more traffic.  I thought this would be a bigger deal.  I have never seen NFCU offer any CB.

I guess not.  Oh well, one shameful bump and then I will let this die on its own.

Message 2 of 9
sweettea
Frequent Contributor

I think it's a nice offer for any NFCU members who don't have the cashRewards card yet and had been considering obtaining it. However, in general, there a few promos going on right now, that are offering better incentives, like Chase Freedom. That could be part of the reason there hasn't been much "buzz". Plus, a lot of NFCU members here already have the cashRewards card, so we can't take advantage of it ourselves.

What I will do is pass this on to DH. He just recently obtained the cashRewards card, so maybe he can call and see if he can get this promo since it hasn't been 90 days of him having the card. He may not get it, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Past - CH7 BK Discharged 01/09 | Rebuild Started 05/12 Present - All IIBs GONE! Future - 2015 Mortgage
Message 3 of 9
Miscellamy
Contributor

I just got this card in late October, and I've already pushed a *lot* of spend through it, so I called to ask about getting the offer. They said no dice. 

Message 4 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I'm about $50 away from making my goRewards bonus offer for $150... hoping they are doing some offer in about 3 months when I was hoping to pick up a 2nd card.

it's funny, they see to be rolling down through all there cards with bonuses 1 at a time but each time they offer a new one it's less than the last.

wasn't the Flagship bonus worth $200 or $300

then go rewards at $150

now cash rewards starting this past weekend for $100.

Message 5 of 9
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

@Miscellamy wrote:

I just got this card in late October, and I've already pushed a *lot* of spend through it, so I called to ask about getting the offer. They said no dice. 

NFCU is really bad in this area. Chase is so much better.

Message 6 of 9
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I'm about $50 away from making my goRewards bonus offer for $150... hoping they are doing some offer in about 3 months when I was hoping to pick up a 2nd card.

it's funny, they see to be rolling down through all there cards with bonuses 1 at a time but each time they offer a new one it's less than the last.

wasn't the Flagship bonus worth $200 or $300

then go rewards at $150

now cash rewards starting this past weekend for $100.

I think the Flagship was a $600 value actually Smiley Happy It is nice to see them offering bonuses though!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 7 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@DigitalArk wrote:

@Miscellamy wrote:

If you are a person that needs to go to the branch all the time and punch out cash all the time then a credit union will NEVER be a better option then something like Chase... but you don't go to a credit union to have ATMS on each corner of a 4 corner stop!

If you are not referencing branches I can't imagine what you are talking about for Chase to be better?!

Message 8 of 9
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@DigitalArk wrote:

@Miscellamy wrote:

If you are a person that needs to go to the branch all the time and punch out cash all the time then a credit union will NEVER be a better option then something like Chase... but you don't go to a credit union to have ATMS on each corner of a 4 corner stop!

If you are not referencing branches I can't imagine what you are talking about for Chase to be better?!

I am talking about the grace period of getting the promotional offers. I had my goRewards opened less than 60 days before NFCU's last promotion sign up bonus offer, yet they were not willing to extent it to me. On the other hand, after I acquired my CSP, Chase offered the 5,000 points for adding an AU and they were willing to extent it to the cardholders who acquired their cards 90 before the benefit updated.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.