Contributor
RemyWinchester

NFCU Cashrewards Visa Signature

I know it's been discussed here, I cant find the thread about it. 

My new card came in the mail today.  It looks 100x better than the old green card.  It's a darker green, the Visa Sig logo looks sick, and a fantastic upgrade. 

BTW I called in to Navy Fed, my card was not 6 months old (which is when they said they will send out batches) but they let me upgrade over the phone.  

Great people at NFCU

BTW NFCU is offering 4%/1 year CDs this week until the 23rd (max limit of 4K)

Frequent Contributor
jdirilo

Re: NFCU Cashrewards Visa Signature

Can I ask what that means? The CD thing? (Sorry, still a newbie)

Frequent Contributor
adavis425

Wow. I just emailed them last ight about that card. It seems ages ago that they sent out notices. I was starting to wonder if it had gotten lost in the mail. The said to give it til the 25th. The looks could only have gotten better. That was one ugly card.

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM Discover | Discover it | JCP

Contributor
RemyWinchester

Jdrillo - 

If you have $4000 (or anything up to that) sitting in a savings account earning no interest, you can "park" it into a certificate of deposit at Navy Fed for 1 year. 

You can't take money out of it for the year - but at the end of a year you will have earned $160 in interest for leaving $4K in there.   You will not find any better deal than that. 

Frequent Contributor
jdirilo

Oh ok. Thank you for explaining. Wish I had that kind of money "saved" haha.

Valued Contributor
MsLadyRover

My new upgraded Cash Rewards Visa Signature card arrived yesterday and it looks sooooooo much better than the original Cash Rewards card.  It has a bit of a shine/sparkle to it.  An excellent design improvement!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 688 (myFICO) EX 699 EQ 660 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Super Contributor
CS800

MsLadyRover wrote:

My new upgraded Cash Rewards Visa Signature card arrived yesterday and it looks sooooooo much better than the original Cash Rewards card.  It has a bit of a shine/sparkle to it.  An excellent design improvement!

I just got converted yesterday. So it's no longer the seawee dark green?

webhopper

I'm very glad to hear. I may call them up and ask where my upgrade is! Still no letter for me:smileysad:

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
MsLadyRover

CS800 wrote:

MsLadyRover wrote:

I just got converted yesterday. So it's no longer the seawee dark green?

It's still dark green, actually darker than the original card, but the globe logo has sort of a reflective shine.  I don't know how to really describe it.  Can someone else who has received theirs help me out a bit here. LOL.

Valued Contributor
MsLadyRover

webhopper wrote:
I'm very glad to hear. I may call them up and ask where my upgrade is! Still no letter for me:smileysad:

How long have you had your card webhopper?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+