cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Credit Card Question - Will adding an Authorized User trigger a HP on their credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Credit Card Question - Will adding an Authorized User trigger a HP on their credit?

If I add my sister to my new NFCU Credit Card, would it trigger a Hard Pull for her?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ashjt2011
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU Credit Card Question - Will adding an Authorized User trigger a HP on their credit?

No. Authorized users aren't responsible for the card. If they were to charge it up and then bail out, you are still responsible for the full amount of the debt accrued, regardless of if they charged it. Since they don't have any legal responsibilites for the debt, there is no HP needed.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Credit Card Question - Will adding an Authorized User trigger a HP on their credit?

@ashjt2011 wrote:

No. Authorized users aren't responsible for the card. If they were to charge it up and then bail out, you are still responsible for the full amount of the debt accrued, regardless of if they charged it. Since they don't have any legal responsibilites for the debt, there is no HP needed.

Perfect - thanks!  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.