Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Credit Card app

tag
squirrely2005
Contributor

NFCU Credit Card app

Well I got a letter from them today. I'm looking for my pay stubs and am trying to print them off online but have forgotten my password for hte ipay webiste. Anyway do y'all thinkt that this would mean that I would get the card after I provide this info or they still have to decide. I could get a co-applicant with my aunt who got me into to NFCU and used them as her only bank but I dunno if she wants a CC(she got in trouble with them once) and I don't like the idea of it. Am I thinking right that I wouldnt be able to remove her later like an AU?

This is the message I got right now

Navy Federal Response 08/07/2012 : Thank you for submitting a credit card request with Navy Federal.

Based on your limited credit history, we request that you either provide your two most recent pay stubs, a co-applicant who is also a member of Navy Federal or apply for a secured card.

To ensure the timely and accurate processing of your request, we ask that you provide the following information:

1. If adding a co-applicant, please ensure that both you and the co-applicant complete and sign the paper application that has been attached to this message.

The requested documentation may be sent to us by fax at 703-206-4125, or as an eMessage attachment via Navy Federal Online® Account Access. Please respond within 14 days of the date of this message.

Should you have any questions, please call us toll-free at 1 888 842-6328.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU Credit Card app

If you provided pay stubs that show what you stated and it DIDNT say you need a co-applicant, you would be approved!

However now you need your paystubs to still show what you reported and a co-applicant... I dont' know in regards to if she got "in trouble once" means or how that would effect but worse case, go secure... they are good to work with and if they confirm income, it usually smooths things out so you don't have to again for a bit possibly.

Message 2 of 6
squirrely2005
Contributor

Yeah in the message it asks for one or the other and not both. So I'm off tomorrow and I'm gonna get everything straightened out and get them the pay stubs. I found one but have to get the one before that.

And sorry to be so vague what I meant about getting in trouble is she maxed out like 8 cards when she was younger and doesn't use credit anymore. If worse comes to worse I'm sure she'll co-apply with/for me.

Message 3 of 6
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@squirrely2005 wrote:

Well I got a letter from them today. I'm looking for my pay stubs and am trying to print them off online but have forgotten my password for hte ipay webiste. Anyway do y'all thinkt that this would mean that I would get the card after I provide this info or they still have to decide. I could get a co-applicant with my aunt who got me into to NFCU and used them as her only bank but I dunno if she wants a CC(she got in trouble with them once) and I don't like the idea of it. Am I thinking right that I wouldnt be able to remove her later like an AU?

This is the message I got right now

Navy Federal Response 08/07/2012 : Thank you for submitting a credit card request with Navy Federal.

Based on your limited credit history, we request that you either provide your two most recent pay stubs, a co-applicant who is also a member of Navy Federal or apply for a secured card.

To ensure the timely and accurate processing of your request, we ask that you provide the following information:

1. If adding a co-applicant, please ensure that both you and the co-applicant complete and sign the paper application that has been attached to this message.

The requested documentation may be sent to us by fax at 703-206-4125, or as an eMessage attachment via Navy Federal Online® Account Access. Please respond within 14 days of the date of this message.

Should you have any questions, please call us toll-free at 1 888 842-6328.

I would work with your HR Department and get those pay stubs ASAP.   Also, if you have your bank statements which show deposits or direct deposits from your employer, I would forward those to NFCU along with your pay stubs as well for their consideration (unless of course if you've had a lot of overdrafts)

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 6
squirrely2005
Contributor

Funny thing is I did go down to where I work and walked up to HR only to see they're at an off site hiring event for today(it's QVC. Hiring for the season). Just my luck. haha. Otherwise everything would have been done today. My job and the bank are within biking distance but not walking in this heat. haha. So it'll take me about 30 minutes to do.

I did also have direct deposit with them with the same employer before I stopped using them back in about Jan. Hopefully it'll help that I'm with the same employer I'll let y'all know the results.

Message 5 of 6
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Good luck!

Maybe they are making sure you're still employed since the deposits stopped. All of their apps are manually reviewed.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.