Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Credit Cards

tag
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

NFCU Credit Cards

Applying for 2 new credit cards in the next few days: Barclays and NFCU. With Barclays, I am going for the Arrival. However, with NFCU I haven't figured out which card to apply for yet. Seems most people on this board recommend the Cash Rewards. However, in my case the Go Rewards seems like the best fit for my travel needs. Any thoughts or recommendations on this would be GREATLY appreciated. 

Current Score: EX: 718, EQ: 715, TU: 720
Goal Score: EX: 750, EQ: 750, TU: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU Credit Cards

I'd say if the GO Rewards card fit your travel needs then apply for that one. The no FTF is a bonus also.

I would've applied for that one instead of the cashRewards but it used to have an annual fee and at the time I was trying to avoid those.

Now I just use the cashRewards as a balance transfer card, whenever NavyFed has the special offers on BTs.

EQ: 780
EX: 767
TU: 779
Message 2 of 6
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

Thanks GetTheFico. If you don't mind my asking, with your siggy scores what CL did they give you?

Message 3 of 6
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

@BackInTheSaddleAgain wrote:

Thanks GetTheFico. If you don't mind my asking, with your siggy scores what CL did they give you?

My scores were lower when I initailly received a $5,000 limit. My EQ score was in the 600-615 range.

NavyFed typically pulls EQ for credit cards.

Message 4 of 6
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

Thank you! I see you have 2 Barclays cards as well. Which one did you have first? And, how long did you have the first card before applying for the second? 

THANKS AHEAD OF TIME!

Message 5 of 6
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

@BackInTheSaddleAgain wrote:

Thank you! I see you have 2 Barclays cards as well. Which one did you have first? And, how long did you have the first card before applying for the second? 

THANKS AHEAD OF TIME!

You're welcome.

I got the Arrival first, this past January. I then applied and was approved for the Sallie Mae card 2 months later.

The Arrival was an instant approval, the Sallie Mae on the other hand, was a 7-10 day message. The approval came 12 days later.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.