Did you mean: 

NFCU Credit Limit Combination *UPDATED*

tag
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Credit Limit Combination

@ScarlettClone wrote:

Have you heard anything back on this?

I have not heard anything back about this request. Rep told me 3-5 business days and that was on Friday. So I am not sure I might call today and check.

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 11 of 15
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes it is possible however it is not easy and will result in a considerable amount of time on the phone (~30 minutes in my case). I was able to transfer $4,500 to my now Mastercard Platinum from my Visa. Call and talk to credit card servicing, and explain your reason for doing so, and they will not take "just because I want to" as a valid reason. If you are able to provide a valid reason and the Rep is willing to spend their time they will call underwriting who will manually service the request with no HP. 

My reason was to Product change a card with a less than $5k limit to the Flagship card. After I got the Chase Sapphire I had no reason for the Flagship and PC'd into the MC Platinum. You could try this approach but make sure to PC before they charge the AF. 

RIP to NFCU call lines now. 

Wow. This makes me want to call them and see if I can get this accomplished today instead of waiting 3 to 5 days to hear back.

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Harvey26 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes it is possible however it is not easy and will result in a considerable amount of time on the phone (~30 minutes in my case). I was able to transfer $4,500 to my now Mastercard Platinum from my Visa. Call and talk to credit card servicing, and explain your reason for doing so, and they will not take "just because I want to" as a valid reason. If you are able to provide a valid reason and the Rep is willing to spend their time they will call underwriting who will manually service the request with no HP. 

My reason was to Product change a card with a less than $5k limit to the Flagship card. After I got the Chase Sapphire I had no reason for the Flagship and PC'd into the MC Platinum. You could try this approach but make sure to PC before they charge the AF. 

RIP to NFCU call lines now. 

Wow. This makes me want to call them and see if I can get this accomplished today instead of waiting 3 to 5 days to hear back.

I would give them a call for sure!

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Credit Limit Combination now possible!

This is for all you fico'ers out there that wish you could combine your NFCU cards, it was super easy for me to do by sending a secure message. They combined it and the change reflected in my app and online immediately. See screenshot below if you want to copy my earlier message. Cheers. Have a safe and happy 4th #merica

Screen Shot 2018-07-04 at 12.50.36 PM.png

Message 14 of 15
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: NFCU Credit Limit Combination now possible!

@Anonymous wrote:

This is for all you fico'ers out there that wish you could combine your NFCU cards, it was super easy for me to do by sending a secure message. They combined it and the change reflected in my app and online immediately. See screenshot below if you want to copy my earlier message. Cheers. Have a safe and happy 4th #merica

Screen Shot 2018-07-04 at 12.50.36 PM.png

and the emails begin

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.