Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Credit Limit Increase Question

tag
Mopar_Jones
Contributor

Re: NFCU Credit Limit Increase Question

You should see it about a week after the statement cutting.. not even..

Message 11 of 22
TATATA
Regular Contributor

@Mopar_Jones wrote:

Hmm really??  Good to know. I'll give it a shot right now!

Let us know what happens. Good luck! Smiley Wink

Total CL's combine: $150,600.
Message 12 of 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

1. If you are okay with possible HP and it's been 6 months I would try again on the CLI... internal max I think changes as time goes on (Chase says this to people too!) but just know that anything above $25k is going to be a manual review regardless... so maybe go in and ask just to move up to $25k... not a big move but those might go through instant and with no pull.

2. How about instead of saying combine all credit lines, you would just like to reallocate some of them... move Flagship to $50k, Cash to $30k or what not and gorewards down to $1k.  I have NEVER heard of issues moving or consolidating credit lines, its how my partner got his flagship is taking $5k from his Cash.... They told him he could take as much as was available at the time with his current balance on cash or if cash was paid off he could lease as little as $500 on cash.

Message 13 of 22
Mopar_Jones
Contributor

Yeah.. they told me no.. again..

Message 14 of 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Mopar_Jones wrote:

Yeah.. they told me no.. again..

just now they told you no to moving credit lines?? I just don't get it.... I would try writing the secure message like someone else stated. I just always thought Navy did this easily at any time.  I mean sheesh you can move up or down your secured credit card credit line in seconds over the phone if the money is in your savings account or if the credit line is open to take away!!

Message 15 of 22
Mopar_Jones
Contributor

Yeah, just now.. in a secured message. Only took them about an hour to respond. They basically told me to kick rocks and to apply for an increase if I want more credit..

Message 16 of 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Mopar_Jones wrote:

Yeah, just now.. in a secured message. Only took them about an hour to respond. They basically told me to kick rocks and to apply for an increase if I want more credit..

are they confused that you are not asking for more credit?!

ugh frustrating.

Message 17 of 22
Mopar_Jones
Contributor

I don't know.. they might be. I'm going to reply to their message.. .

Message 18 of 22
Mopar_Jones
Contributor

Here is their response again...

Subject: Combining Credit Lines

Navy Federal Response 07/31/2013 : Thank you for your message. An exception may have been granted in the past, however, due to Navy Federal internal policies we are unable to alter your existing credit lines as requested. If we can be of further assistance please let us know.

Your Message 07/31/2013 : No.. I think you misunderstood what I am asking. I DO NOT want a credit limit increase. I simply want you to take a portion of my EXISTING credit line from my Flagship card and apply it to my Cashrewards card. Make my limit on the cashrewards card $37,000 and the limit on my flagship $8,000. I have had credit lines moved between cards before!

Navy Federal Response 07/31/2013 : Thank you for your message. Unfortunately, we are unable to process your request. To apply for an increase in your line of credit, it will be necessary for you to submit an application for the Credit Card Lending Team’s review. You may apply for an increase on-line by completing the following steps. Sign on to Navy Federal Online Account Access. Once signed on, click on the Account Services tab. Under Credit & Debit/Visa Check Cards, click on Increase My Credit Limit and complete the application. If you prefer, you may submit an application via phone by calling us any time toll-free at 1-888-842-6328. Please note that by submitting a credit limit increase application you give Navy Federal Credit Union permission to obtain a consumer report to evaluate your creditworthiness. In addition, you authorize any person to provide Navy Federal with information concerning you that may be relevant to the evaluation or re-evaluation of this application.

Your Message 07/31/2013 : Would it be possible to take $15,000 from my flagship credit card and move it over to my cash rewards card? Making the total limit of the cash rewards card $37,000 and the flagship card $ 8,000?

I give up! haha

Message 19 of 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Mopar_Jones wrote:

Here is their response again...

Subject: Combining Credit Lines

Navy Federal Response 07/31/2013 : Thank you for your message. An exception may have been granted in the past, however, due to Navy Federal internal policies we are unable to alter your existing credit lines as requested. If we can be of further assistance please let us know.

Your Message 07/31/2013 : No.. I think you misunderstood what I am asking. I DO NOT want a credit limit increase. I simply want you to take a portion of my EXISTING credit line from my Flagship card and apply it to my Cashrewards card. Make my limit on the cashrewards card $37,000 and the limit on my flagship $8,000. I have had credit lines moved between cards before!

Navy Federal Response 07/31/2013 : Thank you for your message. Unfortunately, we are unable to process your request. To apply for an increase in your line of credit, it will be necessary for you to submit an application for the Credit Card Lending Team’s review. You may apply for an increase on-line by completing the following steps. Sign on to Navy Federal Online Account Access. Once signed on, click on the Account Services tab. Under Credit & Debit/Visa Check Cards, click on Increase My Credit Limit and complete the application. If you prefer, you may submit an application via phone by calling us any time toll-free at 1-888-842-6328. Please note that by submitting a credit limit increase application you give Navy Federal Credit Union permission to obtain a consumer report to evaluate your creditworthiness. In addition, you authorize any person to provide Navy Federal with information concerning you that may be relevant to the evaluation or re-evaluation of this application.

Your Message 07/31/2013 : Would it be possible to take $15,000 from my flagship credit card and move it over to my cash rewards card? Making the total limit of the cash rewards card $37,000 and the flagship card $ 8,000?

I give up! haha

So then lets beat them at there own game, call and open a new card using credit line from existing lines... they do that and it does not cost a HP at all.

now from your message, WHY are you using Cash card and not Flagship??

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.