Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Credit Limit Increases

tag
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

NFCU Credit Limit Increases

How often should I ask for a Credit Limit Increase from NFCU?

Are they known to give increases automatically?

They were generous with my inital limits. Are they known to grow as well?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jausanka
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU Credit Limit Increases

In increments of 6 months they will evaluate you for an Auto-CLI.  I got mine at 6,12,24, and 30 months, I believe.  Never asked.  14->15.4->17.8->19.8->23.8 or something like that.

Message 2 of 6
bbrannan
Regular Contributor

I called NFCU about 2 weeks ago and asked them that specific question and they replied that it is best to wait at least 6 months from either last increase or from opening of the account. I know that it is possible to get an increase before that cause I have done it as well as read of others doing it - but 6 months seems to be the preferred waiting time...

Cards: AMEX Zync NPSL, AMEX BCE, NFCU LOC $15K, NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards $14K, NFCU Flagship Visa Signature $14K, USAA Platinum M/C $3.5K, USAA AMEX $2K, Capital One Cash Rewards $3.5K, WalMart $10K, Lowes $10K, Home Depot $8250, Amazon $4K, Discover IT $1K

Starting Score: EX: 570 EQ: 520 TU 602
Current Score: AMEX EX:717 MyFico EQ 688 Walmart TU 749 MyFico TU 740
Goal Score: 750+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

Ive never known them to do auto CLI.. i had a Cash back card with them for 2-2.5 years and was stuck at 1000, never asked though. be aware it is a hard pull

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 4 of 6
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

They strongly recommended to me 6 mos. before asking, tho some here have gotten CLIs earlier. I waited my 6 mos before asking for cli. They can auto CLI, but not until at least a year. They won't auto CLI you at 6 mos -at least according to them. 

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 5 of 6
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

thats good to know, i dont plan on asking for CLI from them anytime soon as im trying to focus on gardening my lower limit cards but id like to see if i can get an auto increase with a soft.

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.