cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Credit card charge off is falling off when can I re-apply?

tag
DjBadCredit
Established Member

NFCU Credit card charge off is falling off when can I re-apply?

Has anyone had a NFCU credit card get charged off, have it fall off your credit reports, and then applied for the card again?

I loved banking with NFCU when I was in the Navy. When I was deployed the bill never got paid by my now ex-wife. Collection company calls everyday now because Its scheduled to fall off my reports this month. Do I dispute it or just wait to check my reports next month to see if its gone? My Transunion score is about 655 but Im fresh off an app spree and have about 12 inquiries. When should I re-apply for a NFCU credit card? I feel bad that I never repaid them because they always treated me like a person and not just a credit score, but the collection companies never wanted to work with me. Now they want to deal with two weeks left until the DOFD is over 7.5 years. What could i do to get back on board with NFCU?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: NFCU Credit card charge off is falling off when can I re-apply?

@DjBadCredit wrote:

Has anyone had a NFCU credit card get charged off, have it fall off your credit reports, and then applied for the card again?

I loved banking with NFCU when I was in the Navy. When I was deployed the bill never got paid by my now ex-wife. Collection company calls everyday now because Its scheduled to fall off my reports this month. Do I dispute it or just wait to check my reports next month to see if its gone? My Transunion score is about 655 but Im fresh off an app spree and have about 12 inquiries. When should I re-apply for a NFCU credit card? I feel bad that I never repaid them because they always treated me like a person and not just a credit score, but the collection companies never wanted to work with me. Now they want to deal with two weeks left until the DOFD is over 7.5 years. What could i do to get back on board with NFCU?

IMO, if you were a banker from NFCU would you approve you after CO'ing a prior card and not paying it off??

You have to do the right thing and PIF the CO, and if you are really interested in the card again you need to garden your new accounts for at least a year.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 4
scrubs
Regular Contributor

i have been dealing with navy and ussa when i was in the army as an clerk. what i know is once you burn navy or ussa you are banned for any credit products. the only way that i know of getting back into navy,  is you were still in the service you would have to go thur their second chance program.

Message 3 of 4
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

@scrubs wrote:

i have been dealing with navy and ussa when i was in the army as an clerk. what i know is once you burn navy or ussa you are banned for any credit products. the only way that i know of getting back into navy,  is you were still in the service you would have to go thur their second chance program.

scrubs,

I gotta make an adjustment to your statement, while I'm not sure about NFCU I 'do' know about USAA I've been there with them (dead/charged off CC) re-applied years afterwards and was approved $1000.00 small amount but back in the saddle with USAA never the less.  Do I suggest not paying them? NO! Pay them and wait as stated here in the thread.

Goal Score: EX 700|TU 700|EQ700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

HiltonHonors AMEX 2K | Amazon Store CC $800 | Bed Bath & Beyond 2K | Lowes CC 11K | Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $300 | Cap 1 Savor 1K |Citi Secured $200 | Target $500 | Kohl's $1K | Truist Cashback 4.5K | Penfed Power Cash Back 3.5K |Apple Pay CC 3K | Venmo Sig Visa 7.5K | SECU 13.5K | Bragg Mutual FCU 10K | Best Buy Citi Visa $2.5K | DiscoverIT CB 11.5K
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.