Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Credit card

Hello all,

Is there anyone here that can tell which credit bureau  Navy Federal CU pulls from for Ohio residents and what score is feasable for a line of credit $10,000 each for ther VISA and MASTERCARD? My highest score is EX 687 TU 676 and EQ 647.

Thanks,

Will
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Credit card

eq puller from all i've heard. limits seem to depend on you current profile and how recent any baddies are.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your CL will depend on: Your internal Navy Federal score (Based on your history with them), your external FICO score (It'll be EQ, unless you have baddies, in which case they might pull all 3), the amount of credit you currently have with them and your income.
Message 3 of 9
kball64
Frequent Contributor

Some info on my experiences with them:

- I've been an NFCU member for 13 yrs. 
- Live in TX they pulled EQ
- Received nRewards VISA with $2K CL in June with EQ of 607 
- Received nRewards LOC for $5K in June with EQ of 607
- Received nRewards MC with $4500 CL in July with EQ of 632
- EQ had 3 unpaid collections from 2002 at the time of approvals
- 2 paid CO's from 2007
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for your input. That was helpful. Since I have paid my bills on time in the last 3 yrs and all account are paid. I should have no problem.
Message 5 of 9
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Jay:  I know of a few people with no NFCU history and received nice limits with scores in the high 600's...
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They most likely have higher incomes and/or longer credit histories then.

The internal Navy Federal score is a variation on your external FICO score. No history with them doesn't hurt your internal score, but if you have a positive history or a negative history with them, then it will affect your internal score.
Message 7 of 9
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Will - IMO, your scores are right there for 10k cards. I had a NFCU rep. tell me they pull EQ, exclusively.  
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 8 of 9
nathan
Frequent Contributor

If you want navyfed, they will only pull your eq. They are very honest about that if you ask. Cli request is inq free and you are eligible to ask after six mos. Btw I asked for mine after 5 mos and got it, 1k to 5k. Another cus that like eq are penfed and usaa. If you like these guys, don't mess with your eq.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.