Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU DTI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU DTI

Hello everyone, I apologize if this question has already been asked, but I’ve searched throughout the forum and couldn’t find a clear answer. I know NFCU has their own scoring system, so DTI plays a big role. My question is….

What was your overall credit card utilization when applying for a NFCU cc? Right now, mines is 64% and I’ve been declined twice. I did have one late payment that was posted in April, so I’m sure that had an effect as well. Other than that, my payment history is 99%. I plan to wait until Nov to apply again. Any advice will help, Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU DTI

I think in essence youve answered your own question in so far as you knoe you need to lower your utilization. I eould try to get it below 30% . The late will hurt you but Navy is more forgiving than most. I would get your oversll uti as low as possible so you can look your best. Welcome to the forum by the waySmiley Wink
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I had mine around 8% via a quite complicated system of juggling living expenses on my cards around the dates their statements cuts and throwing entire paychecks at balances before the statements cut and switching spending to new cards. I still only got a $1000 SL. Thankfully it went to $20k after 90 days.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to myFICO!Smiley Happy

My utilization was probably between 10-15%. I agree with AvgJoe you have to work on reducing your current utilization.

Good luck!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine was 0 percent.  Might be why they approved me for 6500 limit with a 580 FICO 8. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was araound 12%..no baddies

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone. You guys are awesome!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.