NFCU-FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS!

tag
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU-FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS!

@joedtx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

Well, that's FRAUD.  So, be prepared to get thrown in jail should they ever review your account and find out that you received funding for a loan you weren't entitled to.

Smiley Mad

They did nothing wrong. She was given access to apply. 

Read the original post the OP stated that she was not a family member, it violates the membership terms of agreement.

+10000.....

SisterGirl
Message 11 of 67
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

@Amleigh wrote:
Thank God for friends with benefits! Not those benefits lol. I see a lot of posts about how wonderful the NFCU is, and I wanted to join so badly. Forgot I had a friend...uh, 'family member' in the reserves. She gave me her access id, and I applied! I'm so excited to be a part of the NFCU family! I'll be glad once I receive the final approval email so that I can apply for their credit card! :-)

I would wait as they will likely catch up wih you once they realize you really don't qualifiy and shut you down quick.  I have read other posts of someone that was not qualified getting in, then opening several credit accounts, checking & savings only to have them all closed/cancelled.  Not a good thing.

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 12 of 67
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

If OP lives with said friend than they qualify!

Message 13 of 67
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@Amleigh wrote:
@skygirl916 I'm not going to get thrown in jail, and if I do, that really has no effect on your life whatsoever, now does it? Learn when to post a comment and when to keep scrolling (unless you're a moderator).

Navy Federal is a credit union with strict membership requirements for a reason.  It is designed to serve the armed forces and their family.  As a LEGITIMATE member of the CU, both as a directly eligible member as well as one with legit family members who are members of the military, I find your behavior to commit fraud to get in quite offensive.  

Message 14 of 67
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

No, they do not.  A friendship, whether under the same roof or not, does not entitle one to membership with Navy Federal.

Message 15 of 67
skigirl916
Established Contributor

(Double post.)

Message 16 of 67
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

Family ≠ Friends. That's why it specifies "family" and not "friends."  OP, you should take action before they do. I doubt you mean any harm like some people on this thread make it out to be, you just didn't realize that it's not the same. Unless you're a household member...then you qualify. 

Message 17 of 67
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

No, they do not.  A friendship, whether under the same roof or not, does not entitle one to membership with Navy Federal.

umm honey if you want to take "Offense" over a credit union... at least know all requirements and eligibility and NAVY FOR SURE 1000% allows HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS TO JOIN!

Go look it up.

Thanks

Message 18 of 67
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

NFCU Eligibility explicitly lists "household members" so if they LIVE under the same rof she would be eligible.  However, I do not see where OP said they were under the same roof

Message 19 of 67
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@sccredit wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

NFCU Eligibility explicitly lists "household members" so if they LIVE under the same rof she would be eligible.  However, I do not see where OP said they were under the same roof

Interesting.  They denied my boyfriend's application a month after approval/review because we are not related; we live together.

Message 20 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.