Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU FTW!!!!

tag
kampfer09
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU FTW!!!!

Also in a side note every time you apply for CC or LOC and any other loan it would be a HP every time so keep aware of it.
Message 21 of 49
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

got it! Thanks for the info.  I was going to apply last week so I closed my first premeir account since everyone said it would be best if I closed it....well apparently my FICO dropped from 693 to 680 because of it.  ugh!   So now I'm waiting until next week to see if it goes up some since I just paid off a CC and lowered my UTL a pretty good amount.

Please post back when you hear what happens! I"m so nervous to apply lol. I'm dying for a better CC with higher CL!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Amazon store $2500(10/12), Cap1 $1500 (10/12), Discover $1700 (11/1/12).
Message 22 of 49
kampfer09
Frequent Contributor

Your points won't go up it would take a month before you see anything if ever. You can go ahead and apply for CC since most of the people who applied for have +|- 600 in their CR. I have 700 on TU and 700 EQ +/- 10 points. I did some app spree last month so I have a lot of INQ on my report so I myself don't know if I get approve. I'm just crossing my finger close and waiting to see what happen.
Message 23 of 49
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

I've always seen some sort of change when my UTL drops or goes up. It just depends on when they are going to report the changes to the credit bureaus. My statements just posted a few days ago so I'm going to wait a week and see if they report.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Message 24 of 49
JasonBorne84
Established Member

Congrats on getting into NFCU! I also just got in. Waiting on my welcome packet in to come in the mail since I siged up online. I know the day after I got my USAA secure card. They posted it to all 3 credit bureaus. So my score jumped up 17 points in a day. Then again I have never had a credit card until a few days ago too. 

I would wait if it was me to apply for more. Actually that's what im doing now. I'm going to wait a month because I want to try applying for a NFCU unsecured card. I may get denied and then i'll just open a secured card with them if that happens. So then atleast I will have 2 cards.

I know it's hard to have patience when it comes to wanting your credit score to go up.

Started: 05/13/2013 - FICOs: EX: 584, EQ: 572, TU: 563
Latest: 05/16/2013 - FICOs: EX: 606, EQ: 606, TU: 595

USAA Secured Mastercard - $250 CL/FingerHut - $200 CL/Harris Jewelers - $2000 CL
Message 25 of 49
rios138
New Contributor

Be careful not to app to much at the start of NFCU.  I let the super nice girl on the phone talk me into apping for the Nav Check (it really wasnt a hard job for her to do, lol).  But anyways that check, plus the credit card I apped for on the initial light made their security department flag me to validate my identity/application.

It was an annoying couple of days of faxes and mailing certified stuff in (since the nearest branch to me is unaccessable to civilians), but I did get it sorted out and most of the people I worked with were a pleasure to deal with (except the security department itself).  But the freeze on my account jacked up my credit card I was approved for and I am still waiting for them to unlock and send me my card.  I recieved notice today that my visa was unlocked, but I will now have to wait the 7-10 days for the card.  It will basically end up taking me 3 weeks to get my card, lol. 

As I said everyone there is nice and helpful, but it did give me second thoughts to using them as my bank.  I think they will only be for their generous credit card limits, lol.

Message 26 of 49
kampfer09
Frequent Contributor

It's funny how credit union differs for the product they offer. I'm with school first CU to me their more conservative when they give you credit and I still love them. But I think NFCU offers more product and they give generous CL IMO. Plus there interest rate is better than some other CU out there. I was doing there rate comparison from school first, wescom cu, penfed, and nfcu still over a better rate. I just open a CD for one for there 3% rate so overall their pretty good.
Message 27 of 49
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

@Rios....

Apping for membership and one CC would be ok right at the beginning right?

EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Message 28 of 49
kampfer09
Frequent Contributor

It's fine but you should really consider having a better banking relationship with them so they feel more comfortable with you with I did. I just move all my money from Wells Fargo so they can see I'm not blowing smoke and I have money to back it up per say. Plus, most of the people in this forum would love to join NFCU but they couldn't due to membership requirement. So take it as a privilege more than anything else. Shoot if I could join the people in this forum to join we would all be happy singing in the camp fire....lol
Message 29 of 49
kampfer09
Frequent Contributor

I don't know why I'm really scared to have a balance on my CC since I don't want to mess up my credit. I put $1k limit on myself to use each month. I pay my card before the cutoff date so my utility is less than 5%.
Message 30 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.