Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Flagship upgrade??

tag
REgnlor
Regular Contributor

NFCU Flagship upgrade??

Anybody else gotten this? Rec'd a very stylish black envelope from NFCU telling us that because we are "some of their best customers and that they are taking our account to the next level". We were upgraded to the Visa signature Flagship Rewards Card.  Nothing's new except signature perks (24 hr concierge, hotel upgrades, VIP access to certain events, discounts).  It may not get the most use this year but I'm excited that NFCU still loves me! Another happy ending!!

Starting Score:EQ 560t> TU 560EXP 570
Current Score:EQ 674t> TU 697EXP 700
Goal Score:EQ 700> TU 700EXP 700>

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Flagship upgrade??

I have not, but just remember with the Sig card that the limit will not be reported for utilization calculation  purposes.  Other than that visa Sig is one of the best out there.

Message 2 of 9
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

Supposedly, every Flagship Rewards Visa is being converted to a Visa Signature.

Message 3 of 9
REgnlor
Regular Contributor

I hadn't heard that they were converting them all to signature cards, and I hope that they keep reporting our credit limit. I guess I'll be giving them a call!

Message 4 of 9
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

@REgnlor wrote:

I hadn't heard that they were converting them all to signature cards, and I hope that they keep reporting our credit limit. I guess I'll be giving them a call!

Yeah, the no limit reporting will be an issue for some who want/need it for overall utilization purposes.  They won't report the credit limit on a Visa Signature card.  If you need the limit reported, you can easily convert the Flagship Visa to a Go Rewards Visa or Mastercard (lower rewards/smaller annual fee), or convert  to an NRewards Visa (lower rewards/no annual fee).  They both will continue to report credit limits. 

Message 5 of 9
hogwild

I got mine in the mail the other day as well.   It's simply a migration to the Signature Card.  But yes, it's a good product to have... 

Message 6 of 9
anderl
Frequent Contributor

Received my Visa Signature and immediately called NFCU and asked EXACTLY how it will be reporting-whether or not there would be ANY changes in the way my CL and BALANCE will report to the CB's-CSR said that my CL and BALANCE will REPORT THE SAME AS BEFORE and the only difference is that the card has been upgraded to SIGANATURE STATUS w/xtra benefits, one being that one can spend over their limit and that any over limit spending must be paid by the next due date-now I also called CHASE about the Presidential Plus World Elite MC and the CSR said kind of the same-said that since I have a no preset spending limit, it will be reported that I have an 'assigned CL of 5K' -I then asked,"So if I were to spend 3k,will my CL AND BALANCE report as 3K(looking as though I'm maxed out) or will it report as 5k CL w/ a 3k BALANCE-CSR said it would report as the latter-Hopefully they are telling the TRUTH!Smiley Surprised

Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 7 of 9
REgnlor
Regular Contributor

Thanks all for the info and anderl thanks for the specifics. That is exactly what I wanted to know and really glad they will continue to report my CL!

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

has anyone been advised of the exposure limit yet?

i rcvd the mailer as well, looks like an awesome card.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.