Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Flaship Visa CLI Success!!!

tag
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

NFCU Flaship Visa CLI Success!!!

I have had my NFCU account since September of last year, when I was initially approved for $10K. I asked for my first cli in Jan, apped for $20K, they countered with $15K. Apped again tonight; asked for $25K, they countered with once more with $22K Smiley Very Happy...I'm hoping that it will be soft pull, but I'm excited nonetheless. Navy Federal is top notch!!!

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU Flaship Visa CLI Success!!!

Congrats !

They are great with CLI's. Enjoy

Message 2 of 16
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Yes they are! Thanks!

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 3 of 16
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 16
CS800
Super Contributor

The only problem i see here is that they most likely did a HP on EQ or TU. LEt me know if they did in fact do a HP

Message 5 of 16
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU Flagship Visa CLI Success!!!

@CS800 wrote:

The only problem i see here is that they most likely did a HP on EQ or TU. LEt me know if they did in fact do a HP

I checked TU last night, Exp and Equifax this morning...so far, no HPs. The decision was instant, well somewhat. I requested $25K, and they instantly countered with $22K, leading me to believe that no HP was done...

Message 6 of 16
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Congrats!  Smiley Very Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 7 of 16
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

Congrats!  Smiley Very Happy

Thanks! Still hard to believe that I just stated this "prime" journey (11 for 11 so far) last September, after 4 years of rebuilding with sub-prime cards. I keep telling myself that it is a marathon, not a sprint, and it takes time to build history, larger credit limits etc...It's really exciting to be able to get instant approvals for cards that I never dreamed that I would qualify for, but I have to keep it in perspective...I'm down to 3.7 years aaoa, so I really killing myself short term. I'm gardening now for a Penfed Cash Rewards card, and just seeking SP cli from here on out. Stealing a line from "Star Wars: A New Hope"...I must "stay on taget"! This board certainly doesn't help my new addiction Smiley Mad

Message 8 of 16
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Nice increase!  I'm coming up on 6 months on my Cash Rewards so I'm wondering if I should ask for a CLI.

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 16
CS800
Super Contributor

@searchingfor67 wrote:

Thanks! Still hard to believe that I just stated this "prime" journey (11 for 11 so far) last September, after 4 years of rebuilding with sub-prime cards. I keep telling myself that it is a marathon, not a sprint, and it takes time to build history, larger credit limits etc...It's really exciting to be able to get instant approvals for cards that I never dreamed that I would qualify for, but I have to keep it in perspective...I'm down to 3.7 years aaoa, so I really killing myself short term. I'm gardening now for a Penfed Cash Rewards card, and just seeking SP cli from here on out. Stealing a line from "Star Wars: A New Hope"...I must "stay on taget"! This board certainly doesn't help my new addiction Smiley Mad

I can relate to this also. From where I was a year ago to now getting instant approvals is really gratifying. I know short run I have killed my AAoA but in the long Run it will pay off with the Prime cards. Just a year ago I only had one Cap One Card.

Steady she goes Capt

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.