Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Go Rewards

tag
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

NFCU Go Rewards

I briefly thought about PC-ing my cash rewards card to a go rewards, but I am unfamiliar how the points work and are redeemable. I am smart enough to figure the 1.5% back in my head. Any insight?? 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Go Rewards

I love my GO Rewards.

3% on dining really helped me out when I realized I could pay my wedding reception bill via card and they would code as a restaurant.

2% on gas is good.

1% on everything else... Meh.  Better than nothing.

My BCE and Discover usually cover "Everything else" with better rewards.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 2 of 7
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

But how do the points work? Is it one point = one dollar? or is it fractional? 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I love my Cash Rewards card. I almost got the Go Rewards for the 3% restaurants but I wanted to build a relationship with NFCU so I went with a card that I would use daily. 

I honestly do not know how the points work. I believe they are $1 = 1 point but I am not sure what the redemption levels are. I do believe they offer a cash reward.

Maybe hold off until the new NFCU American Express comes out this fall to see what it offers. 

Message 4 of 7
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

I am holding off for the NFCU AMEX but the goRewards is nice to have as well. You may be able to convert to cash(their giftcard I think).

Message 5 of 7
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

The Go Rewards card will be the newest in my wallet when I receive it... I'm sure over the next day or two. I'll let you know how things go.

I eat out once per day, at least -- usually at lunch. I'm hoping that most bars will be listed as a restaurant as well, as I'm a yuppie that goes out a lot on Friday/Saturday nights. 3% cash back on my nights out would be amazing!

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

$50 (5,000 points) minimum redemption for cash... One of the main reasons I PC'd to a cashRewards

Screenshot_2017-06-12-18-01-09.png

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.