Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU GoRewards App

tag
MrCredit
Established Contributor

NFCU GoRewards App

Got an alert from myFICO saying they pulled EQ yesterday. Still says review in process... Any ideas on what the hold up might be?

Message 1 of 51
50 REPLIES 50
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU GoRewards App

I'm no expert on navy by any means, CA probably is, but I know they are weird about 2nd cards with them. I've been denied 3 times for a second, and offered to take some of my current limit and open a 2nd card up though, which I didn't . I will once my current cli gets above $10k. They do seem to be taking longer now a days for cc approvals I've noticed. It took them 3 days to decline me last time.
Message 2 of 51
MrCredit
Established Contributor

Not sure if having $8k on deposit helps?

Message 3 of 51
baller4life
Super Contributor

My guess is slammed with current promotion. Did you send a message checking status?
Message 4 of 51
MrCredit
Established Contributor

No I am afraid it will turn into a decline if I do that.

Message 5 of 51
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

I'm calling them to check status

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 6 of 51
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Baller is probably right! With the promo could be swamped!
Message 7 of 51
MrCredit
Established Contributor

I called yesterday to check the status and the guy was a snot... Had no info. Said they did not need anything and to wait.

Message 8 of 51
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yeah when I called they wouldn't even call uw to check. Just said it was still processing. Like duh I know that idiot. So I sent a message thru app messages to check myself. They responded next morning approved. Then I got official approved message.
Message 9 of 51
MrCredit
Established Contributor

I sent them this message and attached three pay stubs:

"I applied for the GoRewards MasterCard to take advantage of the member special promo NFCU is running currently. I would like a MasterCard to compliment my Visa so I have one of each, in addition to having my current card for pay in full purchases (Cash Rewards) and having this new MasterCard for carrying a balance if I wish.

I have slowly started to move my deposit accounts to NFCU, I also plan to do all my lending there as well, thus closing out my credit cards elsewhere. I enjoy having one location where I can see my whole financial picture. I enjoy the customer service most of all and the great products NFCU provides. 

Would you by any chance have any kind of status to my application? I have attached my three most recent paystubs for your convenience.

Thank you for your time and consideration. Have a wonderful day."

Message 10 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.