cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU HAS BLOCKED ALL OF MY CREDIT CARD ACCOUNTS. I NEED YOUR HELP.

tag
TATATA
Regular Contributor

NFCU HAS BLOCKED ALL OF MY CREDIT CARD ACCOUNTS. I NEED YOUR HELP.

Ladies and Gentlemen - 

I need your help. NFCU has blocked all of my credit cards (3 to be exact); however, I still have access to my checking, savings, and on-line banking. I have no idea why this was done. The only thing that I have been recently doing is making balance transfers from my NFCU credit cards to my Capital One credit cards and vice versa to take advantage of the 0% promotion. I assume the accounts triggered some sort of suspicious activity in their system - I don't know. I've been a member for almost 3 years and I have never been late - not even a day. I'm waiting to hear back from their security department. 

I just wanted to confirm with the experts that there is nothing illegal about making balance transfers back and forth between different credit card accounts right? Or am I missing something? 

Please advise. Thank you. 

Total CL's combine: $150,600.
Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59
SpeedingWheels
Contributor

Re: NFCU HAS BLOCKED ALL OF MY CREDIT CARD ACCOUNTS. I NEED YOUR HELP.

Call them and ask whats up? 

Walmart Discover ($5000) - Amazon ($5500) - Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2000) - Meijer ($5000) - Discover More ($1800) - Car Care One ($2100) - Amex Delta Skymiles ($2000) - Citi Thank You Preferred ($2000) - Chase Freedom ($500) - Sam's Club, GE ($1237?)
Message 2 of 60
TATATA
Regular Contributor

Funny! Believe or not that's the first thing I did; however, I'm still waiting to hear back from their security department. Left several messages already. 

Message 3 of 60
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@TATATA wrote:

Ladies and Gentlemen - 

I need your help. NFCU has blocked all of my credit cards (3 to be exact); however, I still have access to my checking, savings, and on-line banking. I have no idea why this was done. The only thing that I have been recently doing is making balance transfers from my NFCU credit cards to my Capital One credit cards and vice versa to take advantage of the 0% promotion. I assume the accounts triggered some sort of suspicious activity in their system - I don't know. I've been a member for almost 3 years and I have never been late - not even a day. I'm waiting to hear back from their security department. 

I just wanted to confirm with the experts that there is nothing illegal about making balance transfers back and forth between different credit card accounts right? Or am I missing something? 

This should be OK.  Many issuers block transfers between their own cards, but cross companies it really shouldn't matter.   Of course, doesn't always make sense if there are BT fees.

Message 4 of 60
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

@TATATA wrote:

Ladies and Gentlemen - 

I do believe you triggered an alert especially going back and forth  i am positive that nfcu is looking out for your best interest! Please keep us updated

Message 5 of 60
mr_postman
Regular Contributor

yeah i agree its just a precuation from navyfed once you verify transaction the hold should be lifted 

Message 6 of 60
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

What's the reasoning for transferring back and forth between the same accounts?

Message 7 of 60
TATATA
Regular Contributor

@wallyworld123 wrote:

@TATATA wrote:

Ladies and Gentlemen - 

I do believe you triggered an alert especially going back and forth  i am positive that nfcu is looking out for your best interest! Please keep us updated

I hope you're right. I will most definitely keep all of you updated. 

Message 8 of 60
TATATA
Regular Contributor

@bostonte wrote:

What's the reasoning for transferring back and forth between the same accounts?

To get the 0% APR for 12 months on all my balance transfers. 

Message 9 of 60
bs6054
Valued Contributor

And there is no BT fee?

Message 10 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.