cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU HAS BLOCKED ALL OF MY CREDIT CARD ACCOUNTS. I NEED YOUR HELP.

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: NFCU HAS BLOCKED ALL OF MY CREDIT CARD ACCOUNTS. UPDATED INFO.

@TATATA wrote:

@Joteism wrote:

You're right - I have never had a Navy Federal account nor do I have any experience with them. That said... While I more than appreciate all the info on this forum and find it extremely helpful when rebuilding my credit and aquiring new credit cards, loans etc., it is this kind of advice (take your money and run) that I specifically disregard and stay away from when it comes to any forum. It goes from helpful to borderline fear mongering. Each case is unique and circumstances differ.

You're absolutely right! Smiley Happy In my case everything has been cleared up. I just finished talking to them and they have agreed to open all of my accounts again. They were very understanding. I'm glad everything worked out. I'm very happy!! Smiley Happy

I thank each and everyone of you for your feedback and advice. 

That's wonderful news! I have been anxiously waiting on the outcome and I'm glad it was positive. 

Message 51 of 60
TATATA
Regular Contributor

@chnceit wrote:

@TATATA wrote:

@Joteism wrote:

You're right - I have never had a Navy Federal account nor do I have any experience with them. That said... While I more than appreciate all the info on this forum and find it extremely helpful when rebuilding my credit and aquiring new credit cards, loans etc., it is this kind of advice (take your money and run) that I specifically disregard and stay away from when it comes to any forum. It goes from helpful to borderline fear mongering. Each case is unique and circumstances differ.

You're absolutely right! Smiley Happy In my case everything has been cleared up. I just finished talking to them and they have agreed to open all of my accounts again. They were very understanding. I'm glad everything worked out. I'm very happy!! Smiley Happy

I thank each and everyone of you for your feedback and advice. 

Thats awesome that they are going to open your accounts!

I to have learned from your experience and the advice here is great!

I'm glad. Everyday we learn something new. 

Total CL's combine: $150,600.
Message 52 of 60
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

TATATA

I gotta' give it to you - you took this "Straight No Chaser" thread like a CHAMP!!!!  Kudos to you!

Goal Score: EX 700|TU 700|EQ700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

HiltonHonors AMEX 2K | Amazon Store CC $800 | Bed Bath & Beyond 2K | Lowes CC 11K | Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $300 | Cap 1 Savor 1K |Citi Secured $200 | Target $500 | Kohl's $1K | Truist Cashback 4.5K | Penfed Power Cash Back 3.5K |Apple Pay CC 3K | Venmo Sig Visa 7.5K | SECU 13.5K | Bragg Mutual FCU 10K | Best Buy Citi Visa $2.5K | DiscoverIT CB 11.5K
Message 53 of 60
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU HAS BLOCKED ALL OF MY CREDIT CARD ACCOUNTS. I NEED YOUR HELP.

I'm so glad it all worked out for you TATATA. This is great news. That "A condition exists which prevents us from...." message is the worst! Makes my stomach hurt just thinking about it.

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 54 of 60
orl22
New Contributor

Glad it worked out but man, some people make it sound like it was going to be the end of the world or something. 

Message 55 of 60
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Wow, this was in interesting story.  I just read all 5 pages of it!  Now, I'm curious about only one thing (unless I missed it because it was obvious and implied).  What was the reason they temporarily froze the accounts, and what did they need to talk to you about?  Was it basically what was discussed here - the balances moved back and forth, or was it the sheer number of balance transfers or the dollar amount or some other problem?

We just did a bunch of transfers and the dollar amount was high.  I was thinking of doing one more but I sort of don't want to after hearing this story; I was a little wary of it already.

Regular Contributor

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

Wow, this was in interesting story.  I just read all 5 pages of it!  Now, I'm curious about only one thing (unless I missed it because it was obvious and implied).  What was the reason they temporarily froze the accounts, and what did they need to talk to you about?  Was it basically what was discussed here - the balances moved back and forth, or was it the sheer number of balance transfers or the dollar amount or some other problem?

We just did a bunch of transfers and the dollar amount was high.  I was thinking of doing one more but I sort of don't want to after hearing this story; I was a little wary of it already.

In a nutshell, it was the several balance transfers back and forth that they did not like. I explained to them what I had posted here. They decided to basically let me go with a warning so-to-speak. Lesson learned. 

Best wishes. 

Message 57 of 60
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Nice to hear it all worked out for you and that you were able to have your aacts reopened. Congrats

Message 58 of 60
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats for proving the naysayers wrong and keeping your accounts :-) People get worked up about what they believe to be as "fraud" on here... lol and they usually are just the pessimistic type of people anywho! Optimisim, respect, and courteousy go a looooooong way!

generally speaking, if you can get to a kind, reasonable person.. things will work out :-)

Best wishes!

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 59 of 60
TATATA
Regular Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

Congrats for proving the naysayers wrong and keeping your accounts :-) People get worked up about what they believe to be as "fraud" on here... lol and they usually are just the pessimistic type of people anywho! Optimisim, respect, and courteousy go a looooooong way!

generally speaking, if you can get to a kind, reasonable person.. things will work out :-)

Best wishes!

I couldn't agree more. It's a beautiful thing when we live optimistically and find the good in people. Thank you for your kind words. 

Message 60 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.