cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU...I CAN join!!!!! UPDATE.......I'm an official MEMBER!!!!!!!!!

tag
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU...I CAN join!!!!!

Do they do a hard inq to open an acct....not necessarily app for a cc.
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 11 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

No, they don't --I can verify this from personal experience.

In fact, I still haven't seen a soft on EQ for opening my share (savings) and draft (checking) accounts.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 20
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the info!!!  Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Keep us posted!

In a grim effort to get my AAoA up to 5 years and keep it there, I haven't app'd for any Navy stuff yet. I was just glad to get my foot in the door.

Congrats on bustin' your way in as well!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not so cold.. 60 today.. lol road my motorcycle.. well I do that daily anyway.

I got in as a contractor too.. i worked on site and signed up online.. they may have not known if I was gov or not based on my contact info.. *shrug* this was a few years back..

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, Mo!!!

You will be happy w/NFCU. If you are good with your credit (and I know that you are), they will be good to you. When you app for credit products with them, remember that they pull EQ exclusively. With your EQ score, you should have NO problem getting approved for anything that you app for.

Congrats again!! You deserve it!!

Jelly

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have a 728 Equifax - just applied to NFCU for an auto loan.  Was turned down by DCU and PENFED a few months ago due to overusage of credit cards.  Score was lower as well - around 690. 

Does NFCU give that much weigh to credit card usage?  Otherwise, have a great credit history for 30 years.  Made a mistake of closing a few cards after they were paid off.  Then the economy bombed, used some cash from my remaining cards. 

Anyway, was wondering if anyone had an opinion as to how NFCU looks at it.

Retired Lt.Col, USMC 22 yrs service. 

Message 17 of 20
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

WOO HOO...just joined!!  Smiley Very Happy
Message 18 of 20
aquatic1
Established Contributor

@BungalowMo wrote:

Congrats Mo!!!!  I am patiently waiting for my sister-inlaw to join, followed by my brother and then its my turn!  No matter what I have done, my EQ scores are still trashed...patience!

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 20
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@aquatic1 wrote:

@BungalowMo wrote:

Congrats Mo!!!!  I am patiently waiting for my sister-inlaw to join, followed by my brother and then its my turn!  No matter what I have done, my EQ scores are still trashed...patience!

AHA....membership by association!!!  Smiley Wink  Good for YOU!  If I hadn't heard that commercial, I'd still be divising a way I could join too!

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.