Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU, I Shouldn't have. . .

tag
DrJim
Frequent Contributor

NFCU, I Shouldn't have. . .

So I've been thinking about that Visa Signature card sitting at $18K.  Been reading the forums and wondering if I should ask for a CLI and make it my largest CL.  Went on line and bit the bullet.  BUT WAIT!  Right after hitting submit I notice that I've put down my monthly housing as $23,000 instead of $2,300 a month!  I frantically hit cancel repeatedly and pray it hasn't gone through.

OK, calm now, I try to access my account.  Says they are having problems with the system and hope to have it fixed soon.  Try repeatedly to go back to the request a CLI form and get various error messages including one that says "Boy are you screwed, you better call in fast" or something to that effect.  I call in.  CSR tells me they have been having problems for days with CC online system due to recent upgrades.  He calls the "credit committee" and no one is there.  Calls another office.  Keeps coming back thanking me for my patience and telling me the woman is working on it.  Comes back one last time,

"Yes sir, you've been approved.  We've increased your limit from $18K to $30K".

Not bad for 15 minutes on the phone.

Happy dance.

Starting Score: TU 672 EQ 654 10/20/09
Current Score: TU 775 EQ 783 EX 799 (PLUS)
AMEX Delta Platinum $35K, NFCU Visa Signature $30K, HHonors Reserve Visa $35K, WF $13.5K, IHG Rewards Club MC $25K
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU, I Shouldn't have. . .

wow not bad at all for that time frame CONGRATS

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 8
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Oh dang, that's insane Smiley Happy

What is your  income if you dont mind me asking?

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 8
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Very nice limit, NFCU sounds pretty awesome!

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 4 of 8
DrJim
Frequent Contributor

Webhopper,

Mine was $143K this past year.  DW is $50K.  Online they only asked for mine, when I called in and they asked I told them the income and that was just mine, not HHI.  He asked about HHI, so I told him.  Figured it could only help, and since he opened that door I ran through it!

Starting Score: TU 672 EQ 654 10/20/09
Current Score: TU 775 EQ 783 EX 799 (PLUS)
AMEX Delta Platinum $35K, NFCU Visa Signature $30K, HHonors Reserve Visa $35K, WF $13.5K, IHG Rewards Club MC $25K
Message 5 of 8
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Wow! Awesome credit limit!!! Congrats...

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 6 of 8
paulbrapp
New Contributor

Congrats OP...

I was approved on the 1st of this month for a 5k visa sig.  I emailed them this morning to recon the limit.  Asked for 10k...Approved!  Haven't even recieved the card yet

Message 7 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.