Not applicable

Re: NFCU.. I should have waited!

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats on the approval!

Thanks. How did your application go?

Still in review... Smiley Indifferent

I also applied back on 7/5/16 at around 4PM and im still waiting too hang in there lol

Message 32 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats on the approval!

Thanks. How did your application go?

Still in review... Smiley Indifferent

I also applied back on 7/5/16 at around 4PM and im still waiting too hang in there lol

Good luck to you both !

Message 33 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on getting your card. They are known to do good CLI's so use it, give it a few months and hit that button (or link).
Message 34 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I was approved $500. Do you guys think I have a chance of recon for a larger limit?

Congrats on your approval!

Message 35 of 37
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It was a no-go. Here's what they said:

Thank you for your message. Because we take our members concerns seriously, we conducted a second review of your application. However, after careful consideration, we have determined that we must stand behind our original decision. The credit line was based on information reporting to your credit report in conjunction with your limited Navy Federal tenure. We invite you to apply for a credit line increase after 6 months of positive card history. We regret that we are not able to reach a favorable decision at this time.

Should I try to recon via phone? Or should I just start building with the SL of $500?

So they told you the reason they will not increase your limit.....and you still want to recon by phone?

It seems if they felt comfy doing it they would have before. You said the highest limit you have is 4500...they gave you 500.....and you ask for 10K, 1 year from BK discharge.On a new membership account.

Sometimes we need to prove our worth ( perceived worth ) and start where we start and build from there.

What works for one person ( new membership 25K card, blah, blah, blah) will not work for all. Every profile is different. I would  not want to appear desperate, and begging. To ask is fine...but why ask and ask and ask...as I am sure the file is noted on any contact made in regard to your account.

JMO

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 36 of 37
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Vegas4Play wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
It was a no-go. Here's what they said:

Thank you for your message. Because we take our members concerns seriously, we conducted a second review of your application. However, after careful consideration, we have determined that we must stand behind our original decision. The credit line was based on information reporting to your credit report in conjunction with your limited Navy Federal tenure. We invite you to apply for a credit line increase after 6 months of positive card history. We regret that we are not able to reach a favorable decision at this time.

Should I try to recon via phone? Or should I just start building with the SL of $500?

So they told you the reason they will not increase your limit.....and you still want to recon by phone?

It seems if they felt comfy doing it they would have before. You said the highest limit you have is 4500...they gave you 500.....and you ask for 10K, 1 year from BK discharge.On a new membership account.

Sometimes we need to prove our worth ( perceived worth ) and start where we start and build from there.

What works for one person ( new membership 25K card, blah, blah, blah) will not work for all. Every profile is different. I would  not want to appear desperate, and begging. To ask is fine...but why ask and ask and ask...as I am sure the file is noted on any contact made in regard to your account.

JMO

+1

Although most folks on here know that historically I usually don't encourage recons, in this case I think my usual opinion is justified; however... with a little use, though, NCLU cards are known to grow literally by leaps and bounds (I started to use the term 'exponentially' but I was sure a "math nerd" would come back and try to explain how I was incorrect, so I changed it... LOL - in any case, let's just say "lots".)  Smiley LOL

Here's a thread you might want to take a look at if you haven't already.  If you don't have time to read the whole thing (it's large) just skip toward the more recent post and go from there.  There's a TON of great info on NFCU, specifically CLIs.  Smiley Wink

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Official-NFCU-CLI-Guide/td-p/2101185

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.