Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU IS IN THE WORKS!!

tag
rom828
Established Contributor

NFCU IS IN THE WORKS!!

As an update to my earlier post in which I excitedly announced my brand new membership with NFCU, DH and I went to local branch yesterday and made first deposit in savings and opened checking.Smiley Happy

The rep asked if we wanted to go ahead and  apply for CC and LOC as could all be done with 1 pull (which contradicts what I read on this forum....but so far only 1 inq has shown up.....

So we did!!

They advised we should hear back in about 48 hours or so.  From what I've read here,  for the LOC they send out forms or something.  I was so excited and nervous I wasn't really thinking straight and didn't ask enough questions;not even sure which CC they put the app in for! Smiley Very Happy

Not sure what to expect,  but I hope it's as good (CL-wise) as what a lot of forum members have advised!!  DH's score is on par with mine, we have about 20% utilization, but did have a new mtg re-fi in March & new car loan November 2008.  My AAoA is 5 years and DH's 2 years.  After we left their office, we both sort of started thinking maybe we should have waited til the direct deposits got set up and we'd established some history before we applied. Smiley Indifferent

Oh,well, now we wait and see!

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
virgoprincess823
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU IS IN THE WORKS!!

rom828

Good luck, you guys will be fine. My scores are way lower than yours and I was approved at least for 2 credit cards so far and my limits are no where near what I've seen people get in these forums. Rest assured you'll get some positive news by early next week. And they work around the clock so it may be sooner.

Message 2 of 8
rom828
Established Contributor

@virgoprincess823 wrote:

rom828

Good luck, you guys will be fine. My scores are way lower than yours and I was approved at least for 2 credit cards so far and my limits are no where near what I've seen people get in these forums. Rest assured you'll get some positive news by early next week. And they work around the clock so it may be sooner.

Thanks so much for the encouragement, virgo!! Smiley Happy

I'll be eagerly awating that phone call or mail or whatever....rep said it could be either.

You'll be hearing back from me with the results!!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Manual (paper application/local branch) can do multiple loans/cards with a single pull.  Online, each application will result in a pull.

Good luck!  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 8
rom828
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Manual (paper application/local branch) can do multiple loans/cards with a single pull.  Online, each application will result in a pull.

Good luck!  Smiley Happy

Gotcha!  And thanks!!Smiley Happy  

I'm glad we went in then.  I suppose that's why I can't get on line access yet....have to wait for the paperwork.

Guess now it's just a matter of time before I find out if and for what we're approved!!

I'll be happy if we're just somewhat close to the CLs some others (like yourself!!) have posted!!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck, but I am sure you will be fine. 

I applied online a few days ago (as new member) and was approved for Platinum Visa with $20,000 CL @ 7.9% fixed APR, which is double my next highest CL and lowest rate.  I app'ed for NAV last night and am still waiting for response. 

My Visa app required faxing in 2 paystubs, so not sure what NAV might want.  Have friend who said he had to fax paystubs for CC and they called his employer for NAV.  He got $25,000 CC and $15,000 NAV.

They are very nice to work with and I am thinking of looking into a refinance on my SUV for a better rate, or maybe PenFed (they have great auto rates!)

Message 6 of 8
rom828
Established Contributor

Thanks, Angel!

I'm getting even more anxious now to hear back from them!

We may talk with them about our car loan, too....

I can't wait to post back with my very own fabulous CLs!!!

Message 7 of 8
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Good luck. You can always give them a call. They won't bite. 
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.