cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Interest Rate Deduction....who knew!

tag
soljaboy2013
Established Member

NFCU Interest Rate Deduction....who knew!

Wow im learning something new everyday reading this forum. So yesterday im just strolling thru and i saw something about how you can request a Interest Rate Deduction every 12 months with NFCU. I was like wow really. So i went and checked my NFCU CC's and my Visa platinum been sitting at 12.99% for a lil bit over a year. So i requested a decreased and the next day i got this messaged.BOOM!! 3% deduction better than nothing. 

Navy Federal Response 10/10/2014 : Thank you for using Navy Federal's eMessaging Service. Upon review, we determined that you are currently eligible for a 9.99% Annual Percentage Rate (APR) on your Platinum Visa account. We have applied this rate to your credit card account, effective immediately. Please be aware that the new APR is not immediately seen via Navy Federal Online Account Access, even though the new rate applies. Your next credit card statement will close on 11/05/14, so the new APR should appear online after that date. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

Your Message 10/10/2014 : Hello i would like to request an interest rate deduction for my Visa Platinum card if thats possible. Thank You

Hmmmm is there any other tricks and trades on here about NFCU???

10/17/14 MYFICO EXP: 705, EQ: 662, TRANS: 689, 10/06/14 WALMART T/U: 702, 9/18/14 USAA EXP: 748
TOTAL CREDIT: $90,850. GOAL: $100K

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
credit-hunter
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU Interest Rate Deduction....who knew!

check out the NFCU CLI  thread  by creditaddict

Message 2 of 3
jgodfrey82
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU Interest Rate Deduction....who knew!

Thanks, you reminded me this week was my 1 year.  Sent a SM this afternoon, got my plat card reduced from 12.99 to 11.99

Also sent a SM about rate reduction on my navcheck, haven't got a reply on that yet.

Smiley Happy I'll take any I can get.  Still waiting for my 30k nasa to show up at 9.99, so navy is still #2 lowest apr.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.