cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU LOC NOT REPORTED YET

tag
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU LOC NOT REPORTED YET

I cannot remember exactly when my LOC first reported. But it would be my guess that it will report shortly after then.

It will report. NFCU is very good about reporting TLs, among many other things.

Message Edited by plasticman on 09-15-2009 12:22 PM
Message 11 of 25
jackg
Established Contributor

rom828,

How long has it been since you were approved?

FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 12 of 25
rom828
Established Contributor

@jackg wrote:

rom828,

How long has it been since you were approved?

Actually approved on July 9th, but of course had to wait on required paperwork and then  complete it and return it.  LOC is now shown on my NFCU list of accounts with  statement date of August 20th, for period 7-21 to 8-20.

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 13 of 25
anderl
Frequent Contributor

I called in after about a week of my approval for the NAV CHEK LOC- and CSR said that any type of credit will begin reporting as soon as it is used. I've noticed this with other credit issuers as well. Yes they will eventually report,but if you want them to report sooner-give them a call and use the LOC/charge something. BTW- no you cannot pay your Nav Chek with your Visa/MC, but you can pay your Visa/MC w/ your LOC if needed.
Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

my LOC with them has never reported had it going on 4 years now and even owe 1000 on it right now.. until Friday that is.. I do want it report for util's sake at some point but I have more pressing issues to deal with overall 25% util.. and a settlement that clears in 3 more months.
Message 15 of 25
Established Contributor

@anderl wrote:
I called in after about a week of my approval for the NAV CHEK LOC- and CSR said that any type of credit will begin reporting as soon as it is used. I've noticed this with other credit issuers as well. Yes they will eventually report,but if you want them to report sooner-give them a call and use the LOC/charge something. BTW- no you cannot pay your Nav Chek with your Visa/MC, but you can pay your Visa/MC w/ your LOC if needed.

Good information! Thanks for posting. 

One can also transfer funds online from their savings account to pay the NavChek, just like the checking account. The system will not allow you, as you and I have stated, to transfer funds from the CC to pay the NavChek LOC.

A CSR has told me that many members are using their NFCU LOC, for the NFCU unintended purpose, to pay their CC. The CSR said that was because the NavChek at 14.9% was less expensive a loan that their NFCU CC for many members. The CSR also stated that this was the main reason NFCU rasied the NavChek LOC APR  to 14.9% from the 12.5% APR it use to be and this type of transaction was occurring less now. Makes sense to me.

So, my impression from the CSR I spoke to was, while they will let you pay your CC with your NavChek LOC, it was probably not best. Who knows if this means anything or not, but if paying one's CC with one's NavChek LOC is the unintended NFCU purpose for the NavChek LOC, one might want to think twice before making a habit of this type of transaction. IMHO

Message Edited by plasticman on 09-16-2009 08:34 AM
Message 16 of 25
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
my LOC with them has never reported had it going on 4 years now and even owe 1000 on it right now.. until Friday that is.. I do want it report for util's sake at some point but I have more pressing issues to deal with overall 25% util.. and a settlement that clears in 3 more months.

This is very interesting! Obviously, you do not want to ask NFCU...why?Smiley Happy

Maybe sometimes their system has a hiccup... possibly because the system is overloaded with too many loansSmiley Very Happy ... I dunno. Mine has been reporting to all three CBs and I have not once carried a balance. If my memory serves me correctly I think it took two statements before it reported.

Message 17 of 25
anderl
Frequent Contributor

For me, the very reason for me using my LOC was to put some activity on it-when I called and asked as to how soon my LOC would be reported to the CB's, the CSR said that it would eventually,but that if I wanted it to report sooner then it needed to show some activity. So I paid off my balance and the next week it was reporting. I also asked if it would be a problem using one type of credit to pay another(just for activity sake on my LOC), and the CSR said that as long as payments were being made there would be no problem. But of course if one's LOC balance kept increasing,because of paying off cc's,then that's a red flag.
Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 18 of 25
Established Contributor

@anderl wrote:
For me, the very reason for me using my LOC was to put some activity on it-when I called and asked as to how soon my LOC would be reported to the CB's, the CSR said that it would eventually,but that if I wanted it to report sooner then it needed to show some activity. So I paid off my balance and the next week it was reporting. I also asked if it would be a problem using one type of credit to pay another(just for activity sake on my LOC), and the CSR said that as long as payments were being made there would be no problem. But of course if one's LOC balance kept increasing,because of paying off cc's,then that's a red flag.

+1
Message 19 of 25
Established Contributor

@mt2va wrote:
Both my CC with them reported pretty quickly so would be surprised that the LOC is not.  I was just approved for the LOC last week.  Do you know if I can access it if I haven't received the checks yet as I need to pay for something with it ASAP.

You should be able to by putting the charge on your NFCU CC and then call a CSR at NFCU to pay the CC back with your NavChek LOC when you are ready. I would suggest calling a NFCU CSR so that you are absolutely clear how this will work for you. Note: You cannot do the reverse which is paying your NavChek LOC with your CC.

Please read my previous post in this thread with respect to doing this. You will just want to be careful about doing this type of transaction habitually. IMHO

Good Luck!

Message Edited by plasticman on 09-16-2009 01:07 AM
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.