Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU LOC date opened?

tag
leegreen
Frequent Contributor

NFCU LOC date opened?

Hi all,

Does anybody know what the date opened will be for my new NFCU LOC on my old checking account. The reason this question came up is I noticed the account number is exactly the same as the associated checking account. So I figure there are three distinct dates it could report as being opened.

A. The date the associated checking account was opened. (Wishfull thinking as it would be Aug/Sep 2006 when I was at basic)

B. The date I applied and was approved. (around April 15-22)

C. The date they recieved back my signed paperwork and activated it in my account. (5/24)

So does anybody know which one or want to vote?

06/26/2014 - Gardening until 7/1/15
NFCU NavCheck 15k, cashRewards VS 14k, nRewards 14k
Amex BCE 15k, CapOne Quicksilver MC 3k, USAA Platinum MC 2k, Discover It 1k
Jared 5.1K, Zales 5k, Lowe's 15k, Home Depot 5k
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
LearningMoreAboutCredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU LOC date opened?

@leegreen wrote:

Hi all,

Does anybody know what the date opened will be for my new NFCU LOC on my old checking account. The reason this question came up is I noticed the account number is exactly the same as the associated checking account. So I figure there are three distinct dates it could report as being opened.

A. The date the associated checking account was opened. (Wishfull thinking as it would be Aug/Sep 2006 when I was at basic)

B. The date I applied and was approved. (around April 15-22)

C. The date they recieved back my signed paperwork and activated it in my account. (5/24)

So does anybody know which one or want to vote?

It would have the same account number as IT IS a checking line of credit and I would vote for "C".

Any advice given is always YMMV...

Current FICOs: 740+ across the board | Goal: >760 FICO | Total CLs: $63.3k/$60k Goal | Utilization: 19% | Last App: 05/01/2014 | INQ: EX: 10, EQ: 8, TU: 5, All Expire 06/2016; No Collections/Charge Offs/BK's | AAoA: 7yrs.
| All Reports Frozen!!! | No Apps til 12/2015 | Homeowner since: 06/28/13 | White Whales: Marriott Rewards, Discover IT, Sallie Mae WMC, Sams MC
Message 2 of 4
leegreen
Frequent Contributor

It would have the same account number as IT IS a checking line of credit and I would vote for "C".

My vote is B...

Any other guesses out there...I will update thread whenever it shows up.

06/26/2014 - Gardening until 7/1/15
NFCU NavCheck 15k, cashRewards VS 14k, nRewards 14k
Amex BCE 15k, CapOne Quicksilver MC 3k, USAA Platinum MC 2k, Discover It 1k
Jared 5.1K, Zales 5k, Lowe's 15k, Home Depot 5k
Message 3 of 4
LearningMoreAboutCredit
Frequent Contributor

@leegreen wrote:

My vote is B...

Any other guesses out there...I will update thread whenever it shows up.

Check your paperwork.  I looked at my original paperwork and it states that signed document needs to be received within 60 days of the date specified on agreement and disclosure for your overdraft line of credit to be activated...that's why I voted "C", however, I didn't have paperwork in front of me when I replied to your OP.

Any advice given is always YMMV...

Current FICOs: 740+ across the board | Goal: >760 FICO | Total CLs: $63.3k/$60k Goal | Utilization: 19% | Last App: 05/01/2014 | INQ: EX: 10, EQ: 8, TU: 5, All Expire 06/2016; No Collections/Charge Offs/BK's | AAoA: 7yrs.
| All Reports Frozen!!! | No Apps til 12/2015 | Homeowner since: 06/28/13 | White Whales: Marriott Rewards, Discover IT, Sallie Mae WMC, Sams MC
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.