Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU LOC reporting

tag
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU LOC reporting

All this NFCU talk made me itch for another loan. I applied for the NFCU Platnium MasterCard. App went under review. We'll see.

Message 21 of 30
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

@ficojoe wrote:

All this NFCU talk made me itch for another loan. I applied for the NFCU Platnium MasterCard. App went under review. We'll see.

Approved for the NFCU Platnium MasterCard, $2,500 limit, 12.99%. (Compared to $7,500 limit 15.99% on the CashRewards and $7,500 limit 16.9% on the NavCheck)

Just checked my credit reports, NavCheck still not reporting to any of them as of yet. Loan papers are dated 8/3/12.

Message 22 of 30
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I don't believe that Amex would decline because of having Navchek on the CR. If the rest of the CR is good and util is low and few inq, I believe Amex wouldn't even blink at Navcheck. There are far too many people on this forum who have both Navy and Amex products. If there were a correlation with Amex denials, I think there'd be many others experiencing this. 

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 23 of 30
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

+1
TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 24 of 30
bbrannan
Regular Contributor

Mine has not started reporting either. My loan papers are dated 8/6/2012. Would I need to show use on the LOC to get it to start or maybe just wait until the next statement cuts? On my accounts page, it shows that the last statement was cut on 8/11/2012 so maybe I should have some more patience and see if it shows up after 9/11?

Cards: AMEX Zync NPSL, AMEX BCE, NFCU LOC $15K, NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards $14K, NFCU Flagship Visa Signature $14K, USAA Platinum M/C $3.5K, USAA AMEX $2K, Capital One Cash Rewards $3.5K, WalMart $10K, Lowes $10K, Home Depot $8250, Amazon $4K, Discover IT $1K

Starting Score: EX: 570 EQ: 520 TU 602
Current Score: AMEX EX:717 MyFico EQ 688 Walmart TU 749 MyFico TU 740
Goal Score: 750+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 30
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Navy takes a while to report. I got Navchek at the end of May, and it didn't report until around the end of June. My NFCU cc also took several weeks to report. 

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 26 of 30
XxRaVeNxX
Regular Contributor

@swpopham wrote:
Ill take a picture of the denial letter if that is factual enough evidence.

Show me a screenshot, where AMEX denied you for having a NFCU LOC. I find that hard to believe.

Chase Southwest $5000 - November 2012 Wal Mart $1000 - November 2012 NFCU Visa $5,000 - Sept 2012 NFCU NavCheck $3,000 - October 2012 Amazon $900 - Aug 2012 Kay's Jewlery $2700 - Aug 2012 Buckle $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Roaman's $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Capital One Secured $225 - April 2012 Capital One Platinum $2500 - July 2012
Message 27 of 30
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@rootpooty wrote:

@GoingTo800 wrote:
Personally I would rather have anything NFCU than Amex, once I got my NFCU accounts I could not think of a good reason to allow amex the privilage of doing business with me since NFCU is so easy to work with Smiley Happy Get your Navy accounts and if you want amex apply for it, if they deny you then they were not worthy of your businsess, Never forget you are the consumer, you choose who gets your money.

your comparing 2 different animals.  once navy loves you sure they will offer great limits, car loans etc. they will even give you a low apr no rewards card but with amex you have like already mentioned backdating and the rewards are pretty good if you know how to maximize them.

So does the LOC from nfcu report as revolving then?

Indeed...  +1000.    When it comes to a revolver credit card, I'm much better off with my NFCU cards.   I like my Amex charge card, which i had for 6 months before opening my NavChek. 

Once Navy loves you, as I think they love me, they will offer you the best terms, and highest limits, no verification required. I got my cash card in march, and refinanced my truck with them in March, provided a ton of verification, more than they asked for, and have responsibly managed both accounts with them for the last 6 months.

In Sept, I got Navcheck approval over the phone, max amount, no income verification needed.  In oct. I got a 45k car loan pre-approval at the best interest rate available, no income verification needed, took 1 hour to be approved. We are ordering the car on Friday

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 28 of 30
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

My Navcheck reported 3 weeks after I signed the loan docs.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 29 of 30
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Mine cycles the statement when my checking closes (13th) but reports at the end of the month (the date it was opened). It's odd.

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.