Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Letter, now Question?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

NFCU Letter, now Question?

I got the letter yesterday saying my account was in process to convert, If you would like to wait that would be fine or you can do something online or call to get it switched.  My question is:

Who does NFCU pull for credit?

If I was denied auto from USA, what do you suppose my chances would be for NFCU?

I have seen a lot of approvals lately for credit cards and autos from NFCU with lower scores than I have but not sure if they had BK like I do.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
USC08
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU Letter, now Question?

@Creditaddict wrote:

I got the letter yesterday saying my account was in process to convert, If you would like to wait that would be fine or you can do something online or call to get it switched.  My question is:

If I was denied auto from USA, what do you suppose my chances would be for NFCU?

I have seen a lot of approvals lately for credit cards and autos from NFCU with lower scores than I have but not sure if they had BK like I do.

They pulled the following so far for me.

CC App = EQ 670

Personal Loan = TU 660

I personally believe your chances of approval would be better with NFCU.

myFICO - EQ: 776 EX: 763 TU: 791
Message 2 of 14
nene17
Established Member

@Creditaddict wrote:

I had a previous BK that was discharged in 2005, and was recently approved for CC with NFCU and limit of $3500 (about 2 weeks ago) and I was a brand new member.

Starting Score: 566 EQ, 599 TU 9/2010
Current Score: 675 EQ 07/2012, 675 TU 06/2012
Goal Score: 720+ 2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

Are you ready to app again?   Is it has been a year already?    =)))))))

No more Credit for a year   10-04-2010 02:02 PM  

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/No-more-Credit-for-a-year/td-p/750320

Message 4 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/No-more-Credit-for-a-year/td-p/750320

Cough... as I would say to my friends "How dare you talk to me like that" LOL

SSSHHHHH, we are not talking about the year.

okay so here is the deal, if Chase takes me off my joint account, I'm applying to refi my car... if Chase does not take me off the joint, I think I should wait... but the fact is I could go from 60 months to 36 months and have less than a $10 payment difference if I could refi, that makes me want to apply

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

okay so here is the deal, if Chase takes me off my joint account, I'm applying to refi my car... if Chase does not take me off the joint, I think I should wait... but the fact is I could go from 60 months to 36 months and have less than a $10 payment difference if I could refi, that makes me want to apply

Oh I see ...  Did they take you off?  What about your inqs?   How many of them do you still own?    =))))))))    

Message 6 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Oh I see ...  Did they take you off?  What about your inqs?   How many of them do you still own?    =))))))))    

did you lighten the text like we are whispering?! to funny...

1. The form was sent about 2 weeks ago and have not heard yet for Chase.

2. yeah the inq is something I can't change and that may be an issue

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

did you lighten the text like we are whispering?! to funny...

1. The form was sent about 2 weeks ago and have not heard yet for Chase.

2. yeah the inq is something I can't change and that may be an issue

Yes, I am ...    because you said  "SSSHHHHH"  ....     =))))))))))

Message 8 of 14
bluewillow
New Contributor

Hmmm...goodluck! I am sitting here with letter from NFCU and called to switch over & they can't find me.

I'll chalk it up to merger madness as I asked will I be merged over without calling and she said yes by years end all will be merged in

Message 9 of 14
MidnightOwl
Regular Contributor

Please don't take this the wrong way but, why are continuing to put yourself through Inquiry nightmare ? I've seen several of your posts in the past under different topics & you said you have a ton of Inqs. I'm trying to figure out why you keep applying or consider applying for credit when you said it's been a problem in the past ? Like I said, please don't take it the wrong way. I'm just trying to figure out why people continue to potentially hurt their score & credit chances by applying for almost everything in sight. I would just sit back awhile & not apply for anything. It appears you have sufficient credit ( from the list you've had earlier ) that you really don't need anything new at this time. For the record, I'm with Navy Fed. and the reps told me they pull EQ for credit purposes but, if you have as many inquiries as I've seen you state in the past, your gonna get turned down. Good luck in the future.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.