Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Max # of Cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Max # of Cards?

All,

What is the maximum number of cards will NFCU allow? I have 2..one at $2,900 and $12,500. I am interested in 1 more and allow them to grow. I am new to credit with a TU of 697.

Thanks!

Boyd11

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Max # of Cards?

It's really not about how many cards but how much total exposure you're allowed. If Navy is only comfortable with you having $16,000 then a third card wouldn't be approved. But if your internal limit is $50,000 you still have wiggle room with them. I believe they do have hard limits too but can't remember what they are. 

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It's really not about how many cards but how much total exposure you're allowed. If Navy is only comfortable with you having $16,000 then a third card wouldn't be approved. But if your internal limit is $50,000 you still have wiggle room with them. I believe they do have hard limits too but can't remember what they are. 

I agree with Elktech completely. I would add that the $2900 limit shows that Navy considers your credit to be good but not outstanding and thus little chance of a third card.

Message 3 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice cards! This should be in credit cards subforum just for reference as approvals are for approvals. It might be nice to have 3 cards with Navy but as sometimes youll see, not always the best idea to have all your eggs in one basketSmiley Wink Perhaps branch out and try Penfed.
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all for the feedback,

Boyd11

Message 6 of 17
stellar
Established Contributor

I believe 3 is the limit

Message 7 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I think the bigger issue is this new (3 month or 6 months) between cards being opened thing that will get in your way).

When did you open the $2900 limit card?

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I opened the $2900 card in October. The $12,500 card in January.

Regards,

Boyd11

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you,

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.