cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Membership and CC?? Together or Seperately??

tag
MidnightJester
Frequent Contributor

NFCU Membership and CC?? Together or Seperately??

Not sure if this matters or not. Does it matter When you apply for NFCU membersip if you get the Credit Card at that moment or not?? Has anyone just gotten the NFCU membership and didnt bother to get anything else from then for the time. No Checking, No credit card, No Loan, etc. Just membership then let it sit for a while.

Is their a benefit for getting the NFCU Membership and then a CC at the same time?? Can you get both with only one HP if they tell you are pre-apprived for a CC with them when you get your membership??

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
tommywerdine
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU Membership and CC?? Doing together or Seperately??

When I became a member, I did everything at once. Checking, savings, and credit card. I was instantly approved online for 10k. All within 15 minutes. 2 months later they approved me for a 48 mo 16k auto loan at 4%. 

I would do whatever you want to do right at the beginning. It can't hurt. Smiley Happy

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards $10k | TobyHanna FCU $10k | Black Card $5k | NFCU goRewards $2.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred $2k | DCU Plat Rewards $2k | Huntington Voice $1250 | AmEx Delta $1k | Cap1 QS $300 | Cap1 Secured $500 | J Crew $4.9k | Walmart $2.5k | Kay $1k | Jareds $1k | HomeDepot $1k | FingerHut $900 | Macys $800 | Phillips66 $750 | Buckle $300 | Express $250 In The Garden Since: August 4, 2014. TU FICO: 711 (via Walmart) | EQ FICO: 699 | EX FICO: 677 Goals:700+ on all three.
Message 2 of 5
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

It really just depends on what you want to do.

It will be seperate pulls as I believe, although I could be wrong, that they will pull TU (mostly) for membership and then EQ for credit card products.  Also, if you decide to try for the NavCheck that may be another pull on EQ (different departments). 

As you probably know and have read, they are great but very, VERY pull happy Smiley Very Happy

Good luck with whatever you decide!!

Message 3 of 5
MidnightJester
Frequent Contributor

Great info. I have to decide carefully what I do. I cant yet have Bank accounts that can be found. Have long fallen off Judgement from 13 years ago that attacks my bank accounts. I have read They search your HP's and more (TL's supposedly) on credit reports to track where you might have Savings and Checking accounts. Its the main way they can find your banking relationships. I am worried about the NFCU cc TL getting their attention.

WIll wait till I can figuire out what to do about old Judgement most likley and save HP's on reports for other CC bank relationships without bank account membership requirements. I wIll look at my moms NFCU relationship as what can be in the future : ) She is my membership IN

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Membership and CC?? Together or Seperately??

I opened checking and savings but nothing else. Waiting for some CC disputes to resolve before apping for anything.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.