Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Membership

tag
hotpoint
Regular Contributor

NFCU Membership

Hello All,

Decided to go for membership w/NFCU and went through the 3-5 day holding pattern, finally accepted today.  Decided to go for the Flagship Visa Signature and its pending manual review.  A little disappointed they had to do two hard pulls, but certainly excited to experience "The Love" so many of you have expressed.  Once approved, I'll try and get one hard pull deleted.  I have not applied for credit in over three years.  Interesting process . . . I really joined because they have 100% finance for First Time Buyers (Mtge)., and I wanted to go for a higher CL.

Any suggestions other than patiently waiting . . .

HotPoint

EX 761 10.12

EQ 687 10.12

TU 702 10.12

P.S.. All wounds heal except for those that you pick at

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU Membership

@hotpoint wrote:

Hello All,

Decided to go for membership w/NFCU and went through the 3-5 day holding pattern, finally accepted today.  Decided to go for the Flagship Visa Signature and its pending manual review.  A little disappointed they had to do two hard pulls, but certainly excited to experience "The Love" so many of you have expressed.  Once approved, I'll try and get one hard pull deleted.  I have not applied for credit in over three years.  Interesting process . . . I really joined because they have 100% finance for First Time Buyers (Mtge)., and I wanted to go for a higher CL.

HotPoint

EX 761 10.12

EQ 687 10.12

TU 702 10.12

Congrats on getting in with navy. Their CCs usually take a couple of days. You can't really get the HP deleted. Everyone gets one to join and at least one for eachcredit product and/or CLI. Navy is a bit pull-happy. They were legally entitled to the pull when you authorized them by apping to join or apping for credit. Some people have even gotten multiple pulls just for asingle credit product. It's worth it for the CL.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 2 of 4
hotpoint
Regular Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@hotpoint wrote:

Hello All,

HotPoint

EX 761 10.12

EQ 687 10.12

TU 702 10.12

Congrats on getting in with navy. Their CCs usually take a couple of days. You can't really get the HP deleted. Everyone gets one to join and at least one for eachcredit product and/or CLI. Navy is a bit pull-happy. They were legally entitled to the pull when you authorized them by apping to join or apping for credit. Some people have even gotten multiple pulls just for asingle credit product. It's worth it for the CL.

Thanks, Received approval via text this morning -- given 7500 CL, little disappointed, but appreciative will certainly call for a higher limit. 

HotPoint

Message 3 of 4
hotpoint
Regular Contributor

Quick Update -- Successful w/recon . . . Increased CL to 10k.  Certainly going to take advantage of their low rates for Mtge.

HotPoint

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.