Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU NavCheck Question

tag
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

NFCU NavCheck Question

I've been a member since march, with a cash rewards and auto loan. I didn't apply for NavCheck because I wasn't that aware of it. Now I'm interested in, not only for the overdraft protection, but also to increase my UTI. My question is, will my 49%  overall UTI(%60% on the cash rewards) hurt my chances for asking for the full $15K? Thanks

Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex BCE($5K), Amex Hilton($1K), NavCheck ($15K), NFCU CR Siggy($20K), USAA Amex($7K), USAA World MC($7K), CSP($2.3K), Chase Marriott($1.8K), Care Credit($2.5K), Cap1 QS($3.5K), VS($500), Cap1 Secure($200) Starting Scores(Jan 2013): FICO EQ: 643, TU: 552, EX: 567 Current Scores(Sept. 2016): FICO EQ: 672, TU: 703(?), EX: 682 In the Garden FOR-EV-ER!!!!! Cards and goals achieved! Let's grow and mature these babies!!!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU NavCheck Question

@CreditJunkie917 wrote:

I've been a member since march, with a cash rewards and auto loan. I didn't apply for NavCheck because I wasn't that aware of it. Now I'm interested in, not only for the overdraft protection, but also to increase my UTI. My question is, will my 49%  overall UTI(%60% on the cash rewards) hurt my chances for asking for the full $15K? Thanks

Always ask for the full amount but after you click submit it will go to next screen and I believe either give you congrats or say would you like to "continue with a review and a decision usually in under an hour" I now believe that means possible DECLINE and you should cancel out of the app.

Message 2 of 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I can personally vouch for this!!!!! Creditaddict is right!!! I tried a few weeks ago and applied for navcheck, put in $15k (cause if approved they will either give you the full amount of $15k, or counter offer), and I got the second screen which was confirm etc... And got denied!! No counter or nothing, flat out NO! Lol!!
Message 3 of 7
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@CreditJunkie917 wrote:

Always ask for the full amount but after you click submit it will go to next screen and I believe either give you congrats or say would you like to "continue with a review and a decision usually in under an hour" I now believe that means possible DECLINE and you should cancel out of the app.

Mine was not instant Smiley Happy YMMV

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 4 of 7
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the heads up!!

Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex BCE($5K), Amex Hilton($1K), NavCheck ($15K), NFCU CR Siggy($20K), USAA Amex($7K), USAA World MC($7K), CSP($2.3K), Chase Marriott($1.8K), Care Credit($2.5K), Cap1 QS($3.5K), VS($500), Cap1 Secure($200) Starting Scores(Jan 2013): FICO EQ: 643, TU: 552, EX: 567 Current Scores(Sept. 2016): FICO EQ: 672, TU: 703(?), EX: 682 In the Garden FOR-EV-ER!!!!! Cards and goals achieved! Let's grow and mature these babies!!!
Message 5 of 7
brianjb
Contributor

I also applied for that and the Visa.

i got the message saying they would review.  I got message a few hours later saying my Visa was approved.  The navcheck is still pending.

AMEX TrueEarnings 10K | AMEX BCE 10K | AMEX Hilton Honors 10K | AMEX Hilton Surpass 2K | Bank of America 1-2-3 2K | Barclay Card 2K | Chase Southwest Premier Visa 6K | Chase Marriott Premier Visa 9K | Discover IT Card 1.5K | Merrick Bank 1.4K | Navy Federal Credit Union Visa 10K | Navy Federal Credit Union navCheck 15K | USAA Rewards 7K |+ tons of store cards (GE furniture, Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot, etc)
Total amount of available credit $100K
Scores (as of December 2013) Equifax 714 | Experian 714 | Transunion 727
Short term goal is score 750+ across the board
Long term goal is to have all scores close to 800 or 800+
Message 6 of 7
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

App'd for the full$15K last week and got the 1hr message. went ahead and sent them a message regarding my acct. they came back with an approval message. i think it's a YMMV situation

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.