Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU - NavChek success !

tag
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

NFCU - NavChek success !

For some who've been here and can remember from my posts I had success getting my daughter-in-law her first CC with a 99/500 from BoA last May.

Two months later Navy gave her an unsecured 1k limit goRewards card although she had no FICO yet and no credit history. You have to love Navy.

Anyway, 8 months later and with PIF payment history she applied for 5k NavChek and was instantly approved.

This is such great news. Not only for her budding positive credit history but the fact that she has access to emergency funds if the need be. With my grandson being 2 it gives me a great relief knowing that if there's an emergency NFCU has provided a means of solving it quickly.

My step son was just approved yesterday for a 1k cashRewards CC under the same circumstances, let's hope he makes the most of it. His situation is different though, he wants me to hold onto the card and he'll ask to use it when he needs it. Doesn't quite trust himself yet. This is after I told him that if he does well with NAVY then a car loan,mortgage,etc are on the horizon.

Anyway thanks for letting me vent.

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: NFCU - NavChek success !

Nice news for the fam! They're lucky to have you there for help and guidance.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 6
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Thanks HTSU,

Let's hope we don't see them posting here in 20 years under circumstances that brought many of us to these forums.

I'm hoping with what I've learned from many of the topics and posts I can help them prevent the same mistakes so many of us have made.

It also feels good to give positive advice and see the results.

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 3 of 6
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

CONGRATULATIONS!  NFCU has been very good to us as well.  I'm giving them as much business as I can!

Message 4 of 6
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Congrats! I love NFCU.
Here we go again...
Message 5 of 6
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

It's even a better feeling really when you realize that because of your membership your children can benefit also.

We've had our son on the BUXX pre-paid credit card for a few months now , he was overdrawing his checking acct. with his debit card  (those pesky ATM fees) and it has helped him budget his cash.

This is why he wants me to hold the CC until he needs it.

Thanks for all the positive replies.

Jax

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.