Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Navcheck ??

tag
jaicam5
Valued Member

NFCU Navcheck ??

Hello all,

Can someone tell me in a worse case scenario what is the minimum EQ needed for approval?

I have have been a member and have had their cc since Dec 2012. Hopefully I'll get a cli after this statement. Unsure if I should ask for the cli. Pay acct in full monthly.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
kampfer09
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU Navcheck ??

I don't think you'll have a problem. There been giving CLI easily. I got approved for $5k and ask for $15k max I got one hour message ill see tomorrow when I login to see if I got approved for it. The worst thing they could say is no. I say go for it and see what happen.
Message 2 of 27
scarzy
Regular Contributor

@jaicam5 wrote:

Hello all,

Can someone tell me in a worse case scenario what is the minimum EQ needed for approval?

I have have been a member and have had their cc since Dec 2012. Hopefully I'll get a cli after this statement. Unsure if I should ask for the cli. Pay acct in full monthly.

Thanks in advance.

If you don't have any current baddies, then go for it. I got approved (Navchek) with a FICO score of 612!

Also, I would ask for a cli on your cc. It has been six months, and you're due for one.

starting EQ FICO : 526 current EQ FICO : 640 starting TU FICO: 538 current TU FICO : 656

My wallet: Capital One cash rewards $1,300- ~ NFCU signature cash rewards $5,000- ~ NFCU nRewards $5,000- ~ NFCU LOC $1,000- ~ Target $200- ~ Kohl's $300- ~ Walmart $800- ~ Amazon $900- ~ Updated 6/2013

Discharged Ch7 Nov.16, 2012

Message 3 of 27
jaicam5
Valued Member

I had a CH 7 discharge June 2012 but have since rebuilt no lates. I received an auto CLI with both Cap One cc one from 1000 to 2500 and the other 500 to 1500 at 6 months. I'll have Barclay at 6 months in August. I'm just curious with NFCU process. I'll hate to get a hard inquiry though. I think I'll chance the Nav check.

Message 4 of 27
lissa1184
Established Member

Go for it their minimum score is 540.

Starting Scores May 2013: EQ 604 TU 661 EX 690
Goal Scores: 700+
Message 5 of 27
kampfer09
Frequent Contributor

I had a collection on my account and PIF but still showing of my report they still have me a CC $15k limit plus $5k limit for there NAVCHECK. As I said if you don't try you won't know.
Message 6 of 27
scarzy
Regular Contributor

@jaicam5 wrote:

I had a CH 7 discharge June 2012 but have since rebuilt no lates. I received an auto CLI with both Cap One cc one from 1000 to 2500 and the other 500 to 1500 at 6 months. I'll have Barclay at 6 months in August. I'm just curious with NFCU process. I'll hate to get a hard inquiry though. I think I'll chance the Nav check.

It will be a hard pull for either, so be prepared.

starting EQ FICO : 526 current EQ FICO : 640 starting TU FICO: 538 current TU FICO : 656

My wallet: Capital One cash rewards $1,300- ~ NFCU signature cash rewards $5,000- ~ NFCU nRewards $5,000- ~ NFCU LOC $1,000- ~ Target $200- ~ Kohl's $300- ~ Walmart $800- ~ Amazon $900- ~ Updated 6/2013

Discharged Ch7 Nov.16, 2012

Message 7 of 27
jaicam5
Valued Member

I pulled the trigger last night. I couldn't do the Navcheck because I'm not primary on the account. Have to open own checking. I'll think about it since we just went into branch yesterday to open business account. I did ask for CLI received the 24-48 hour message. A rep called this morning to verify address and DOB and such. She said it is still processing. So I will wait and see.

Message 8 of 27
kampfer09
Frequent Contributor

mine still in review process.....I ask for full $15k instead of $5k approval I was hoping they will counter offer me at least for $10k. I guess I just have to wait and see what happen.
Message 9 of 27
jaicam5
Valued Member

Well they started me out with $500 cc limit so I only asked for $3000 for starters. I didn't want to push it.

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.