Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Navcheck ??

tag
jaicam5
Valued Member

Re: NFCU Navcheck ??

Its like a loan so that's why there is the need for signatures. The Checking line of credit is the new name. They just recently made that change including others.

Message 21 of 27
Erinkkelly
Valued Member

I just became a memeber and got online access to apply for Navy FCU products. I was approved for cash rewards visa just an hours ago. I keep seeing posts about NavCheck and wanted to apply, but can't see it listed anywhere on the website. Then the above post just said its a checking line of credit, I can't find that either? Closest thing I can find is a overdraft checking line of credit...is the same thing? Anybody know exactly how Navycheck or whatever its called now works?

Message 22 of 27
kilj0y
Regular Contributor

@Erinkkelly wrote:

I just became a memeber and got online access to apply for Navy FCU products. I was approved for cash rewards visa just an hours ago. I keep seeing posts about NavCheck and wanted to apply, but can't see it listed anywhere on the website. Then the above post just said its a checking line of credit, I can't find that either? Closest thing I can find is a overdraft checking line of credit...is the same thing? Anybody know exactly how Navycheck or whatever its called now works?

Thats the right one, go ahead and pull the trigger and let us know.

You apply, they approve and send you docs to sign like a loan, you send them back and its on your account.

If you overdraft they automatically take from the LOC and start charging interest from that day until you pay it back. Transfers from your checking to your OLOC automatically update which I like.

Message 23 of 27
Erinkkelly
Valued Member

Can you use it for anything else other than overdrafts?

Message 24 of 27
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Erinkkelly wrote:

Can you use it for anything else other than overdrafts?

and be sure to ask for the full $15k!!!

and yes, they send checks you can write against it.

Message 25 of 27
Erinkkelly
Valued Member

I was denied! Smiley Sad

I was just approved for a $6000 cash rewards visa an hour before, so I actually only asked for $6000.

Oh well, I would deny me too! I just opened my accounts today and only put $5 in savings and the rep talked me into opening a checking account too but I didn't put any money in today, but I will soon. I leave for vacation Monday and want access to all my money and I don't have cards with Navy FCU yet.

I'm going to transfer some balances onto my new cash rewards visa, put some money in my new Navy FCU accounts monthly and apply again in a few months.

This the message I got, so I'll just wait and see what they say.

Unfortunately, your request for credit has not met Navy Federal lending criteria for approval.  You will receive a notification by mail at your address of record within the next 5-7 normal mail delivery days which will provide an explanation for the decision. This letter will also explain the appeals process that you may initiate.

Message 26 of 27
creditgal121
New Visitor

Hi ,

I've got a question after submitting this screen if you are lucky enough to get an  instant approval will it appear after this point,  or do you have to complete 4, "select options" and 5 "review and submit" .

Thanks in advance.http://s2.postimg.org/cgvesrkyx/page3nfcu.jpg

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.