Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU....New Member

tag
jwduke
Regular Contributor

NFCU....New Member

I joined NFCU last month. All I have is a checking & savings account there. I see, loking at my credit report, I have a credit inquiry from them. I have applied for no cards, or Navcheck. I am waiting for my number of inquiries to drop (I am at 8 in the last yr) THANKS!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: FICO- 798 (02/21/18)
Goal Score: 800+ All Three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU....New Member

It could be inquiry for membership. From what I've read they are a little HP happy.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Message 2 of 14
shakalaka
Established Contributor

Almost every CU does an inq AFAIK.

Alliant was one for me also. I guess cu want to select, who they have as members.

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 3 of 14
jwduke
Regular Contributor

Thanks, Duncanrr, I was wondering if thats the case.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: FICO- 798 (02/21/18)
Goal Score: 800+ All Three

Message 4 of 14
Elcid89
Contributor

They are pull happy, but the benefits of membership are well worth the initial hit. Pretty much everything you do with them that is credit related from here on out will result in at least one HP, and often multiples. Case in point, I applied for NAVChek, an auto refinance and a credit card with them all on the same day. It generated three separate pulls.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 5 of 14
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

Totally worth the hard hits. I applied for membership, HP.  Then the signature card and got a HP. Line of Credit, HP. However, they treat you like gold so if they need to pull each and every time on each and every thing, be my guest. This is one credit union I am so very very proud to be a part of. They give you opportunites to have the lifestyle YOU want, without the strain. Let em pull and treat them right. They, in turn will treat you right Smiley Happy

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 6 of 14
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Do they pull the same report each time or mix it up?

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Message 7 of 14
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@Duncanrr, i have no personal experience with Navy, but from what i hear, they are huge EQ happy pullers, often placing 3 EQ Hp's in a single day

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 14
Elcid89
Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:
Do they pull the same report each time or mix it up?

It seems to vary depending on what sort of mood they are in or where the moon happens to be in the sky at any given moment. They usually pull the same one for multiple applications within a period of time, but may switch to a different one later on. Occasionally, for marginal apps, etc. they may pull multiple bureaus for the same application.

At least in my experience with them, they tend to pull EQ. YMMV

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 9 of 14
madmann26
Valued Contributor

I got HP'd for a secured card. Lol

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.