Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Offers Question

tag
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

NFCU Offers Question

Please mods feel free to move if this is not in the correct topic.

I have a question about the offers that come up when  you log into your NFCU account(s).  I have never seen on or gotten one, but I can look at the offers under the tab for it.  I get the generic ones about Direct Deposit, members mall, rate your XXX account etc.  Well today I log in to see the due amount for my goRewards and under that "line" on my page I see a nice light blue bar with the words "Navy Federal Personal Loan has you covered". 

Again never having gotten a sort of pop up or whatever for Navy this was a little bit of a shock/confusion thing.  I clicked on my offers and among the ones that are always there is one for a personal loan.  I know nothing is ever guaranteed, but is this the closest thing Navy has to a pre-selected, pre-approved, pre-qualified thing?

Normally I would brush this off as just a marketing thing or whatever, but my DH doesn't get the offer when he logs in, I have other family and friends whom I asked and they don't have it or get it either, and their credit is a lot better than mine.

Any insight or advice etc is greatly appreciated Smiley Happy.

Just for reference, my EQ, EX and TU all are over 600 with an average of about 620 or so.  DH and I moved all of our banking to Navy in Jan of this year and at that time I got approved for a goRewards $4000, and my EQ score was 578 or so. 

Thanks again!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU Offers Question

@Eyisila wrote:

Please mods feel free to move if this is not in the correct topic.

I have a question about the offers that come up when  you log into your NFCU account(s).  I have never seen on or gotten one, but I can look at the offers under the tab for it.  I get the generic ones about Direct Deposit, members mall, rate your XXX account etc.  Well today I log in to see the due amount for my goRewards and under that "line" on my page I see a nice light blue bar with the words "Navy Federal Personal Loan has you covered". 

Again never having gotten a sort of pop up or whatever for Navy this was a little bit of a shock/confusion thing.  I clicked on my offers and among the ones that are always there is one for a personal loan.  I know nothing is ever guaranteed, but is this the closest thing Navy has to a pre-selected, pre-approved, pre-qualified thing?

Normally I would brush this off as just a marketing thing or whatever, but my DH doesn't get the offer when he logs in, I have other family and friends whom I asked and they don't have it or get it either, and their credit is a lot better than mine.

Any insight or advice etc is greatly appreciated Smiley Happy.

Just for reference, my EQ, EX and TU all are over 600 with an average of about 620 or so.  DH and I moved all of our banking to Navy in Jan of this year and at that time I got approved for a goRewards $4000, and my EQ score was 578 or so. 

Thanks again!

Yes, they are the closest thing. They are usually accurate as well. YMMV

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 3
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU Offers Question

So would you say go for it?  LOL  DH and I could use a loan for some consolidation and debt reduction but....I know how NFCU is pull crazy.

Just thought it was odd that it was for a loan, as I never read or heard of them doing a pre-approval type thing for that.  Not to say that it doesn't happen just reading through the forums and such, doesn't seem to happen. 

And if we decide to go for it, is it like the NavCheck and CLI's.  Ask for a huge number and get countered?  Or at least hope to get countered?

Thanks for the assistance Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.