Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU - Old charge off has produced a statement after 21 years

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

NFCU - Old charge off has produced a statement after 21 years

I recently (April 2014) applied for membership/flagship visa and was approved for both.  My account was notated "BK" for a 1993 charge off.  I just checked online for statements and see that a Visa classic statement is listed dated 4/28/14 with a $450 past due balance due 5/25/14.  Now this account must be from the 1993 charge off.  I'm going to pay it off completely tomorrow.  My question is do you think NFCU will shut my flagship visa down?  It is currently active with a $1,700 balance of a $15,000 credit line.  The Visa Classic statement listed online has an old address from 1993 but has my current access number listed.  NFCU notated my account with the BK alert one day after I was approved for membership and flagship visa so they knew about this account right after approval.  This will be enteresting. 

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU - Old charge off has produced a statement after 21 years

Was the charge off for $450?

Will be interesting to see, but after they are made whole I hear they will give you full access again.

I can not see them giving you access to $15k then shutting you down after paying the $450.

Edit: If the $450 is NOT the CO amount I would tread carefully.. I imagine if you start paying the old CO they can bring it back reaffirmed.

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 2 of 3
12njoy
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU - Old charge off has produced a statement after 21 years

I agree with you. Statement says $453 past due and total due is same amount. Well call to confirm
(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.