Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU PRODUCTS

tag
bogoss83
Established Member

NFCU PRODUCTS

I just joined and currently have the CASH REWARDS CC FOR A 20k CL, how many more products can i apply for at a time without any problems? These high lines are helping my credit a LOT, i want to apply for another CC, LOC and a signature loan. Any advise?

EX FICO: 720
EQ FICO: 740
TU FICO: 760
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU PRODUCTS

@bogoss83 wrote:

I just joined and currently have the CASH REWARDS CC FOR A 20k CL, how many more products can i apply for at a time without any problems? These high lines are helping my credit a LOT, i want to apply for another CC, LOC and a signature loan. Any advise?

Unless income verification is a problem you should have no issue getting $15k LOC, a 2nd credit card and not sure about the loan depending how much you want and what you want to do with it?

Message 2 of 10
bogoss83
Established Member

The Cash Rewards cards limit was initially 10k, iv had it for a month, i used 90% of it and paid it off, i then applied for an increase to 20k 2 days ago and was asked for send in pay stubs, my yearly income is 155K or about 13k a month, a few hours after the fax i saw my CL increase to 20k online.

The loan would be for house improvement. What do you think the next card i should apply for should be and what CL you think they'll give?

Message 3 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@bogoss83 wrote:

The Cash Rewards cards limit was initially 10k, iv had it for a month, i used 90% of it and paid it off, i then applied for an increase to 20k 2 days ago and was asked for send in pay stubs, my yearly income is 155K or about 13k a month, a few hours after the fax i saw my CL increase to 20k online.

The loan would be for house improvement. What do you think the next card i should apply for should be and what CL you think they'll give?

1. if you ever request CLI again and you are not asking for more than $25k... make sure to at least ask for the $25k! Check out the threads... you took the HP for CLI, you rnext one most likely will be SP up to $25k if you give it a couple months... but id see what you get on next card.

2. I would apply for Flagship... 2% for travel or 1.5% cash back if you are spending $9k a month!

3. With that kind of income and scores unless you are bogged with debt I would think you could be looking at another $10-$25k on a 2nd card.

4. LOC will probably be approved instantly for the full $15k... they send out a signature form, you send back, and it's active online

5. Personal loan, I don't have experience with... how much you looking for? I have seen someone on here with $26k!

Id put in the app for Loc, Credit card, then personal loan unless you need that most... but apps are all in different departments so probably won't matter to much plus good chance of loc and credit card being instant.

Message 4 of 10
bogoss83
Established Member

Thank you Sir! btw my util is 2%

Message 5 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

APPLY APPLY APPLY!

what kind of home repair, could you use the 84 month term from Lowes or Home Depot? that might be cheaper than the personal loan but I know you can't pay construction crew with Lowes Card unless you have them do it all! but for product mabes...

Message 6 of 10
bogoss83
Established Member

I can look into that but to be honest with you i want to develop a strong relationship with NFCU borrowing big amounts and paying them back with confidence for future investments in the next years such as mortgages and stuff

Message 7 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@bogoss83 wrote:

I can look into that but to be honest with you i want to develop a strong relationship with NFCU borrowing big amounts and paying them back with confidence for future investments in the next years such as mortgages and stuff

They are fantastic to grow with that's for sure....

Post back results!

Message 8 of 10
bogoss83
Established Member

I will, im thinking to apply on Sunday night after may the payment of my cc posts and puts me below 1% util ratio which should be the 5th. I will post the results.

I will apply for LOC, SIGNATURE LOAN, CC

Message 9 of 10
flashevo
Regular Contributor

good luck

NFCU Flagship Sig (24.5k); NFCU CashRewards (24.5k); NFCU NavCheck (15k); Chase Sapphire Preferred (15k) ;Chase Marriott Rewards (14k);US Bank Flex Perks (9k); Barclays Rewards (8k); Chase Freedom (14k); BOA Travel Rewards Sig (20k); BOA Privileges with Cash Rewards Sig (9k); Discover IT (6.5k); Walmart Discover (3k); Wells Fargo Platinum (9.5k); Wells Fargo LOC (10k); Bloomingdales Amex (5k); Macy's Amex (5k); Paypal Extras Mastercard (6k); Bananna Republic Visa (5.5k); Lowes (6k); Sams Club Discover (5k)....In the garden since 8/15/13

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.