Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Personal Loans Anyone? Weird Text

tag
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

NFCU Personal Loans Anyone? Weird Text

This morning, I applied for a small unsecured loan with NFCU.  Within 15 minutes, I received a text:  (Loan Application Approval)  Great news!  Your loan is approved & your documents will be mailed to you, as requested.

Ok, great....BUT  the text didn't specificially say it came from NFCU...just a bunch of numbers. 

Is this legit?  Yes, I did ask the docs be mailed and I did provide them my phone #.

I'm hoping I'm now on the road to getting approvals after a denial in Jan 2013.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU Personal Loans Anyone? Weird Text

Yes thats normal from NFCU! Congrats on the approval

Message 2 of 6
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Looks legit. Call them if you're unsure.

Message 3 of 6
cegpn
Valued Member

Yes, that sounds like what they send!
Message 4 of 6
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Yes they do send you a text as I have recieved a few as well.  Just call them or login to your account to verify.  If you don't see it on your accounts page then look at your loan status (from the drop down menu) and you will see the approval there.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 5 of 6
bman86
Regular Contributor

@fishbjc wrote:

This morning, I applied for a small unsecured loan with NFCU.  Within 15 minutes, I received a text:  (Loan Application Approval)  Great news!  Your loan is approved & your documents will be mailed to you, as requested.

Ok, great....BUT  the text didn't specificially say it came from NFCU...just a bunch of numbers. 

Is this legit?  Yes, I did ask the docs be mailed and I did provide them my phone #.

I'm hoping I'm now on the road to getting approvals after a denial in Jan 2013.

All of my pending NFCU apps have come through via text message from random numbers. Congrats on the approval!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.